Chapter 9: Vases

Chapter 9:

What Happened To My Vase

***********

"Hey can we work on the project at your house, again?" Jasmine asks me as soon as I get to school.

"Why not?" I say rubbing my eyes. After leaving Rachel's house last night I couldn't go back to sleep. Now I have bags under my eyes, again, thanks to Blake. Yes, I'm blaming Blake, if he wouldn't have let me go to sleep in the first place at Rachel's house, I would've been able to sleep when I got home. I mentioned it to him this morning when he came to pick me up for school, and you know what? He said I should have taken sleeping peels.

"You look tired," She states poking me in the shoulder as we walk to home room.

"Just a little," I tell her opening the door to our classroom and letting her walk in in front of me. The only people in the class is Blake, Will, and the girls they're flirting with.

You've got be kidding me.

I wouldn't be so pissed if they weren't crowding my desk. "Out of the way," Jasmine says pushing one of the petty blondes off of her desk. The girl almost lands on the floor but Will catches her, sending a glare to Jasmine, "What?" She throws her hands up, "She was on my desk." She points at the girl who backs away from her. The girl's friend hops off of my desk, I guess in fear of Jasmine.

I take my seat next to Jasmine who's avoiding Will's glare, "That's the power of being the only black girl in this class," She whispers to me and I let out a chuckle.

Jasmine always makes jokes about her being black so people are scared of her because they think she's the "crazy black ghetto girl." The first time she told me I laughed but then I noticed that people really do see her as that. Well, I have no problem with it because it makes them leave me alone in fear that Jasmine will kick their butts.

"Hey, stop glaring at me before I slap it off your face." Jasmine threatens Will in a harsh voice.

Will stops glaring at her and instead turns his back to us as he talks to Blake. Come to think of it, Blake hasn't bothered me yet. Hmmm, that's kind of weird. I glance over to see that he's just casually talking to Will. There's nothing off about him, he looks the same that he did thirty minutes ago when we got here.

The teacher walks in the classroom and Blake and Will take their seats. "Today, your going to work with your group for the project, this is the only class time I'm going to give you." She states before going to her desk and working on her computer.

------------------------

"No, you can shoot the video, so no one will have to see your distorted face." Jasmine tells Will as she crosses her arms over her chest.

"No, you should shoot the video, because your boobs would take up the whole screen." Will argue backs as he stands over Jasmine who's sitting on my couch, "What do you wear, a triple Z?"

My mouth drops open but Jasmine doesn't seem to be offended, "Are you mad that I have book boobs, but you have a small d..."

That's where I stop listening to the conversation. Once again we are all at my house working on the project, and Jasmine and Will are arguing, again. We got some work done at school but not much. We were almost sent out of the classroom because of Jasmine and Will's loud arguing so we decided to quit working until we got to my house, where they can be as loud as they want.

I don't think that was a good idea.

"Jasmine put the vase down." I hear Blake say as he stands up walking towards Jasmine but it's too late, she's already thrown it at Will. Luckily, Will had the common sense to duck which makes the vase fly over his head.