Chapter 32: Bitter Sweet

It's been four weeks since Blake and I started dating. Not much has really changed, we still argue and bicker but we kiss, a lot: which usually leads to something more. Our moms's are still partying and gambling: at least they're in our city. Will and Jasmine have started to avoid each other at all cost, but if you ask them, they'd deny it.

The worst that's happened these last few weeks though is that Blake's becoming distant. I don't mean to sound like a clingy girlfriend or something, because I'm definitely not one, but it's been weird. One minute we're in the middle of making out and he gets a text or call so he leaves. He's been like this every since we went to the warehouse. I'm really starting to wonder if he keeps running off to his sideline flings or something.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Jasmine asks me as she throws me a basketball.

We're currently at basketball practice, and we're obviously suppose to be working on drills but my mind's in other places.

"Nothing." I tell her as I shoot the ball and miss; that's a first. Jasmine shoots me a strange look but she doesn't make any comments.

"Do you think Blake's cheating on me?" I ask her out of the blue as we're leaving practice, and heading to the student parking lot.

Jasmine stops walking and turns to look at me with a frown, "Why would you think that?"

I give her a shrug, "He's always running off, and we still haven't even had an official date." I explain as her eyes focus on something behind me.

I try to search her face as she's looking behind me to see if she gives anything away, since her and Blake have been hanging out a lot lately. Hell, she's been spending more time with him than me and Will do. So if anyone knows something it'll be her, even though I think she would've told me.

She lets out a sigh, "Alli, I'm pretty sure he isn't cheating." Her eyes flicker back to me.

"Who isn't cheating?" A husky voice asks causing me to turn and see Blake. He's dressed in a pair of ripped jeans and a tight black tee that shows off his abs and muscles.

"Chandler from friends." Jasmine says, the lie rolling off her tongue easily.

"Oh," Blake says but I know he doesn't believe her.

"Okay well I'll text you guys later." Jasmine says as her and Blake lock eyes for a second before she quickly jogs off to her car.

Weird.

Blake frowns for a second as he watches her leave before turning to me with a smirk.

"We're going out tonight," he says as he guides me to his car.

"Where?" I ask with a frown as I get into the passenger seat.

"It's a surprise date, so I'm not telling you." He says as he gets into the car and cranks it.

"Are you serious?" I ask wondering if he overheard Jasmine and I's conversation.

"Yea, it's about time." He says before looking at the clock on his dashboard, "We can actually go now if you want." He tells me.

"Uh, I'm sweaty, and I have on practice clothes." I tell him with a frown.

"Your point?" He asks.

I let out a sigh knowing that he's going to insist on us going, "Okay." I tell him and he gives me a smug smile.

--

I glance around me at the fancy scenery wondering why in the hell Blake brought me here in these clothes. Hell, I thought we were going to go to McDonalds or something.