82

“Prepare your horse now. Bow as well.”

As Raniero uttered in a rough voice, Countess Tocino paused for a moment before she hastily went to prepare the horse, flustered.

The only thought dominating him was that he had to leave for the Temple of Tunia immediately. He didn’t know why Angelica went there. Despite the fact that he wasn’t certain whether she was still there, there was no time for speculation because the determination to go forward prevailed.

‘…I have to go quickly.’

Even if she wasn’t there in the same place right now, he needed to get there as soon as possible… before any trace or clue of Angelica’s presence disappeared.

As his face kept getting hotter, his heart became impatient, and his vision narrowed. The distance to the Temple of Tunia, which didn’t seem so far away until now, now seemed to stretch out in the darkness. In addition, snow would greatly obstruct his path. It probably hadn’t melted yet since it was only natural, considering how much had been poured.

The road to Angelica was filled with obstacles.

Even though Count Tocino approached and offered to provide the best personnel for the Emperor’s service, Raniero didn’t even pretend to listen.

‘I have to go alone.’

He thought.

Taking troops along would be too conspicuous. Besides, his, who had received the blessing of God, was beyond what ordinary people could match. At that moment, the voice that usually instilled impulses in his mind this time suddenly held him back.

‘No, don’t go. It’s a trap.’

Whenever he trusted his instincts to that voice, things always turned out well. He knew it from experience.

However, for the first time, he didn’t follow that voice.

No matter what it whispered, he had to go.

˚ ・: * ✧ * :・ ˚

Even at this very moment, Raniero was approaching. When I thought of him galloping across the wilderness at a terrifying pace, I couldn’t eat or sleep.

Playing house had completely come to an end.

I didn’t know why the original plan changed. Seraphina escaped the cruel fate that surrounded her, and I  was left scratching and clawing.

At Seraphina’s request, Eden’s probation was lifted. She separately met with the Archbishop and the captain of the paladins and had lengthy discussions. It was a fight with a predetermined outcome. After all, the influence of the Saint in the Temple of Tunia was absolute. In the meanwhile, the people of the temple treated me as an unwelcome guest.

While I tried not to show it outwardly, the underlying discomfort that was stuck in between their kindness couldn’t be easily erased.