~ 23 ~

Felix chuckles, then once Nino comes back in his pajamas he switches places with Nino, gets out to get changed into his pajamas, then once all were ready Nino and Felix carefully situated themselves and Chloe in her giant bed, and fell asleep peacefully, careful to keep Chloe in a comfortable position between them. 

~

My POV :

Chloe slept peacefully through the night, though in her slept state, she heard a ding, and "update starting. . . " 

Chloe then opened her eyes, or at least she thought she did, as she looked around she realized she is not in the room Felix put her in. No, this place was different, brighter, though all the walls were mainly black with purple and blue lines running along all the wall, pulsating. 

Chloe looked around, and this place was massive, expansive even! It felt like Chloe was in a computer, Chloe began walking around, trying to see what is going on, so she walked for what felt like hours, following the direction that the lights seem to be going in, trancing her fingers along the lines as she goes. 

When she walked up to a door, this door was huge, and resembled a vault in her eyes, but this vaults doors were also shiny, it looked pristine as Chloe walked over to it, only to see a face she hasn't seen in so long! 

Chloe saw Heather. 

Chloe stared at herself in the vault door for a while, then she decided she needed to push through and see what is going on! So she touched the door, ready to struggle opening it, but the door disappeared upon her touching it

Chloe stared at herself in the vault door for a while, then she decided she needed to push through and see what is going on! So she touched the door, ready to struggle opening it, but the door disappeared upon her touching it. Startled, Chloe pulled back quickly as though the door shocked her, even though it didn't. 

Then very hesitantly, Chloe stepped into the room the vault door seemed to protect, and Chloe was kind of disappointed to see that behind the huge vault door was a simple room, that honestly reminded her of her brother in laws man cave, just without the peony's that her sister would always put in them, and with lilies in their place. 

"Heh, yeah, Haeven's been down since your death, so she has been alternating with your favorite white lilies and her favorite peonies." Chloe's heart went into her throat as she heard a voice she honestly never expected to hear again, she whipped around to see her brother in law. 

Chloe felt like her heart was in her throat before she said weakly, "you

Chloe felt like her heart was in her throat before she said weakly, "you. . . you're here."

Her brother in law smirked at her as he said, "I am here Heather, so are you. Though granted, you weren't brought here by your own choice."

Chloe felt her heart drop, remembering her painful death as she said lowly in a scared tone, ". . . Braiden. . . what happened, wh-what's happening?" 

Braiden looked at Chloe sadly as he explained, "you were hit by a semitruck, they brought you to the hospital quickly and the doctors tried so hard to save you. Sophia, Marisol, and I barely made it so see you during your final breaths."

Braiden's POV : 

I watched as Heather flinched at the mention of her accident, but I need to keep explaining, so I do. 

~Flashback to the sad memories and possibly triggering, so please skip chapter is uncomfortable/triggering~

My lovely Sophia and I were helping our adorable Marisol decorate for her party. Marisol was so excited, and we knew she would be even more excited when she sees what Heather had made for her. Though I was a little worried since I remember that Heather said she'd be here an hour before to help us, but even now that we are only 30 minutes away from the party I still haven't heard from her. 

So I walked out of the cheery room, and called Heathers phone. It rang for  a while before I heard some strange male voice say, "hello?"

I felt a sense of dread was over me as I heard a bunch of frantic noises behind the male who answered Heathers phone, so I said with my heart in throat, "hello, who is this and why do you have Heathers phone?"

I waited for an answer before I believe the phone was passed off to someone else, who sounded a older than me as he spoke into the phone, "hi-hi-hello there, un hey how far are you from Golden Hospital?"

"Um, we are about 20 minutes away, why? Why do you both have Heathers phone," I felt the dread in my body go deeper and I cupped my phone closer to my face, my voice beginning to show fear.

The male sighed as he said, with a bunch of sounds going on in the background, "I'm sorry, but you need to come to the hospital as soon as possible because Heather as you've been calling her doesn't have a lot of time." I felt my dread seep into my bones as I ran back into the room with my wife and daughter, not hanging up my phone, my face showing so much fear. 

"Sophia, Marisol, get in the car, we need to go quickly!" I basically shoved my wife and daughter into our family car, and speed to the hospital, my phone on speaker phone and we hear what I'm guessing to be my doctors frantically trying to save Heather. Once we get into the hospital parking lot we all jump out of the car, and run into the emergency wing of the hospital. 

A nurse saw us, her eyes focused on Sophia, who looks like a perfect copy of Heather in spite of Sophia being a few years younger than Heather. The nurse quickly lead us into a room where we see a bunch of doctors running around frantically, and with the state that Heather was in covered in bandages, blood, multiple tubes and wires coming out of her and with multiple other doctors over her. 

Sophia clutched onto Marisol, and tried to cover her eyes, but Marisol saw the same thing we saw. Heather dying. 

There was so many tears, while I was just in shock, we watched as she crashed and kept getting worse, a group of nurses keeping us from getting closer. I being a godling child wanted to do something, but knew I couldn't because I am of the Gamer godling lineage. 

. . . That's when the idea hit me. 

After Heather was declared dead I grabbed her soul before death could, then ran away from death, so to speak. Death doesn't like mortals, so once I was back over with my wife and halfling daughter she was quick to just leave me be. 

That's where the journey of Heathers soul started. Now to get into how Heathers soul ended up in a fan's paradise.