Chapter 25: Fireworks and S'mores

*Kayla's POV*

I put on my flag printed shorts and a white sleeveless shirt and my black converse. I walked downstairs and saw Hayes and his family there. I grabbed my phone and Hayes got up and put his arm around me. I still have my crutches yes. "alright let's go." my mom said grabbing her keys. I got in the car and sat next to Hayes. We found parking and everyone had chairs and we didn't. "Don't worry babe." he said. "Im not worrying." I said and he wrapped his arm over my shoulders.

"Jacob?" I asked looking at them. "Kayla?" They asked. They ran up to me and hugged me. "I thought you were doing your own fireworks?" I asked. "Yea well they didn't light up so we came here with John!" They said. "Hey John." I smiled. "Hey Kayla." he smiled. "KAYLA LETS GO!" Nash yelled all girly. "Bye guys." I said and went back to Hayes. We walked up to my family where they saved a spot and said hello. "KAYLAAA!" Bella yelled and hugged my legs. "Hi cutie." I said. "Who's that?" She asked.

"That is Hayes." I said and her eyes grew wide. "Hayes?" She asked. "Thats me." he said and she hugged him. "I like your hugs." she said. "Thank you." he said and she ran off to her friends. We talked to Cam and Nash then heard screaming. We turned our heads and saw girls. I rolled my eyes and Hayes noticed. "Babe what's wrong?" He asked rubbing my arm. "I don't like them always bothering us." I said. "Hey it's okay they won't come near us." he said. Everyone had a seat so we had to sit on the floor.

"Hayes come over here." These girls said. He ignored them and put his arm around me. "Don't get the pillow pets dirty." he said and put one on his lap. I laughed. He kissed my forehead and we waited. "So any new tours?" I asked. "Nope not really I'm home now." he smiled. The lights went off and one went off.

Halfway threw I got cold and Hayes noticed. "Here." he said handing me his hoodie. I put it on and he wrapped his arm around me again. I had to take a picture for my sister and her friend and it's not that easy. I gave them her phone back and watched the rest. I saw Jake out of the corner of my eye and whispered to Hayes. "I see Jake." I said and pointed to him. "I'll talk to him after." he said. We took pictures of the fireworks and heard a few pictures going off behind us.

When it ended Hayes got up and then helped me up. "Yo thanks for the hoodie." I said. "No problem babe." he said trying to kiss me but I dodged it. "Hey!" He said and grabbed my cheeks. He kissed me and smirked. I grabbed a blanket and saw Nash sent me a picture. It was me and Hayes sitting down and fireworks going off. "Hey you guys are my OTP." He said and we walked to the car. I dropped the blanket along the way but Hayes picked it up for me. "Thanks." I said. "No problem." he said and walked with me.

When we got to the car we said bye to all my family and then got inside the car. I went on my phone and posted the one Nash sent on Instagram and the group one on Twitter.

@Kayladallas: Fireworks and hoodies😍🇺🇸

@Kayladallas: when the gang seeing fireworks we make memories🇺🇸

I saw Hayes texting Jake so I read them. He went on Twitter and tweeted the same picture as me and Instagram the same picture.

@Hayesgrier: the crew says "I can't hear anymore these people are making me go deaf"🇺🇸

@Hayesgrier: Mine🔐❤️🇺🇸

I smiled and he kissed my cheeks. We got home and went to the backyard. My dad set up a fire and we sat down. We roasted Marshmallows and talked. "Cameron tell Nash to stop!" I laughed as Nash was about to put the marshmallow on my face. "Nah I'm good." he said and I rolled my eyes. "Yo dude stop." Hayes said. "fine." Nash said poking me with the stick. "Hayes are you okay?" I asked. "Yea I'm fine." he said smiling. "Okay." I said eating my S'mores. We just sat there watching the fire and not talking. Country music playing in the background and just silence. Hayes wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek. "I love you babe." "I love you too."