Chapter 35: Meeting the Family

*Hayes's POV*

I went over Kayla's and she opened the door with her pajamas on. "Help me!" Me said dragging me to her room. "Well you look good." She said hugging me. I was wearing a grey shirt and black shorts and a hat. "Thank you now let's help you find an outfit." I said looking in her closet. "What about this?" I asked. "No." She said plugging in her straightener. I sat on her bed and she picked out her outfit and went into her bathroom.

She came out and I literally ran up to her and kissed her. "Babe you look stunning." I said not letting go of her waist. "I'm only wearing a crop top and shorts and converse." She laughed. "Can you help me straighten my hair?" She asked. "Let's go babe." I said. I straightened her hair and she took a picture. "Babe I'm done!" I said. "Thank you!" She said and hugged me. I picked her up and carried her downstairs where her entire family was. "Woah." I said and she laughed.

"Oh and I have a cousin who is a huge slutty fan so watch out for her." She said getting out of my arms. She held my hand and we went downstairs. "Wait." I said pulling her towards me. "What?" She asked wrapping her arms around my neck. "I'm scared." I said wrapping my arms around her waist. "They will love you." She said. I bent down and kissed her. There was a tap on her shoulder and she turned around.

There was a kid about our age standing there. "Oh hey Drew." She said and I held her hand. "Hey Kayla can I hang with you?" He asked. "Yea sure oh and this is my boyfriend Hayes." She said. He clenched his jaw and I smirked. We walked around and her family seemed to like me except her uncle but it's just one person so. We sat at the table when a girl our age pushed Kayla and sat next to me.

Kayla got up and sat at the other end. Oh god. "Hi I'm Jordan." She said. "I'm Hayes." I said ignoring her. "HAHAHA YOUR SO FUNNY I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" She laughed and got WAY too close. Kayla came by and put food on out plates. Jordan gave Kayla a dirty look and. I stood up which caused everyone to looks at me but I didn't care. I grabbed my stuff and walked outside. "Hayes..." Kayla said behind me. "Come back inside please." She said but I sat on the grass.

"Hayes please." She said coming next to me. "Benjamin Hayes Grier talk to me." She said sitting in my lap. "Benjamin!" She said. "Kayla I can't stand it in there with everyone looking at me like what do I say? What do I do? I'm scared to be in there with your uncle who's a body builder and doesn't like me. Your cousin is all over me and I- I just want to be with you." I said looking down. She lifted my head up and kissed me.

We heard a scream so we pulled apart and saw Jordan by the back door. "SHE KISSED HIM OH MY GOD MY LIFE IS OVER!" She cried. "Oh god." Kayla said with tears. "What's wrong?" I asked. "No no no no no please bring me to my room." She cried. I picked her up and brought her to her room. "Talk to me." I said. "Ok ok ok ok so when I bring a boy over she always has to make stuff up to make my entire family to turn against me and I just can't handle it anymore." She said.

"Hey baby it's okay don't worry." I said. "Ok well let's go down there and finish eating." She said. "Hey I'm here ok." I said hugging her. "I know just never leave me." She said looking in my eyes. "I love you too much to let you go." I said and kissed her. We were like that for five minutes until there was a knock on the door. She pulled away and opened the door. "Hey." She said. "Hey what's wrong?" He asked. I clenched my jaw when he went to hug her.

She hugged him and I almost punched the kid. He looked at me and smirked. I flipped him off and he pulled away. They talked and went downstairs while I was on my phone. Nash texted me so I answered him.

Bro👌: Yo you should totally live here
Me: yea I should
Bro: what really what about your girl😏
Me: Eh I'll see her eventually
Bro: what happened
Me: I don't know where she went😒
Bro: with a guy im guessing
Me: yea
Bro: so you coming or what?
Me: totally👌
Bro: YESSSSS tomorrow fly down here
Me: kk

I got up and saw Kayla with cake. "Hey." She smiled. "I have to tell you something." I said. "I'm moving to L.A." She dropped the cake and went to the bathroom. "Oh god." I said getting up. I heard her talking so I opened the door and saw her crying. "Cam I can't... No cam he's going... because he wants to...I can't cam...because I have school...yes that starts on Monday...WHAT...till the end of high school really?...alright that's how he wants it...tell nash I say he's trash for letting Hayes go...it's not funny nash." She hung up and slapped me.

"Ok ow." I said. "YOU ARE STAYING THERE TILL THE EMD OF HIGH SCHOOL REALLY?!" She yelled. "Look im sorry." I said trying to hug her. "No Hayes I can't go find someone else we we are done." She said. No no no. "Kayla baby I'm sorry don't say that." I said crying. "I'll see you after high school Benjamin." She said. "Don't forget about me." She said. "I won't." I said and left.