Chapter 31: Teen Choice Awards

*Kayla's POV*

"KAYLA IM LEAVING!" Cam said. "Good luck bro!" I said hugging him. The doorbell rang so I went downstairs in my froot loop pajamas. A tank top with toucan Sam on it and shorts with froot loops. I opened the door and saw Hayes and Nash. "Are you coming?" Nash asked. "No and im not going to watch it either." I said as Cam came down. "Let's go bye sis don't die!" He said leaving.

"Ash stop!" I said as he ran towards Hayes. "Kayla your dog likes me now!" He said happily. "Bye." I said grabbing Ash. I walked inside and sat on the couch. I turned on Shameless and started watching it.

-few hours later-

I looked on Twitter and saw Hayes was being interviewed so I watched it. "So how's you and your girlfriend?" "Well you see we aren't together anymore." He said looking at the floor. "What happened if you don't mind me asking?" "No not at all well I wanted to take her to the lake after her surgery and she said no and I got mad and broke up with her. I regret everything she won't even see this but I'm so in love with her I can't think straight. Ugh I just want her back in my life it's just not the same." He said crying. "He's been sad Hayes ever since." Nash said.

"Well I better go nice talking to you." She said and left. I decided to call Hayes.

Hayes Grier: Hello?
Me: hey Hayes
Hayes: OH MY GOD KAYLA YOU ACTUALLY CALLED!
Me: calm down you goofball I need to talk to you so find somewhere private
Hayes: okay
Me: ok
Hayes: sooooo
Me: Hayes did you mean what you said?
Hayes: you saw that Huh?
Me: yea so was it all true?
Hayes: yea I'm still in love with you I was so stupid to let a big part of my life slip away I know your very insecure about your body but your beautiful and I'm so so so so very sorry!
Me: I need more
Hayes: well um how about a home date!
Me: I would love that!
Hayes: great so tomorrow at 2 pick you up?
Me: ok
Hayes: get away from me!
Me: what?
Hayes: no no not you I was talking to paparazzi
Me: so I should go?
Hayes: please don't go
Me: hayes
Hayes: I love you
Me: bye Benjamin

I hung up and flipped We Bare Bears on. I watched that until I got up and made some pasta. The doorbell rang just as I sat down. I put my hair in a messy bun and opened it. "I WON I WON I WON!!!" Cam yelled hugging me. "Congratulations bro but I'm eating." I said as Hayes walked in. "Hey." He said. "Uh hey." I said eating. "What's up?" He asked sitting next to me. "Just watching Dance Moms." I said.

"Oh cool." He said scooting closer. "Yea." I said looking at the tv. "I like your pajamas but I think it needs a hat." He said taking off his hat and putting it on my head. I laughed and he smiled. "I like your laugh." He said wrapping an arm around me. "So tomorrow at two I'll pick you up?" He asked. "Yea sure." I said. His phone kept buzzing and he ignored it so I looked at it. "Nash is texting you." I said handing him his phone. "Oh." He said and looked at it. "I have to text Matty." I said dropping my food.

Me: Hey Matty B☺️
Matty B😏❤️: Hey I have to cancel on the date how about Saturday? I'll pick you up and dress fancy🎀👗
Me: ok that's cool see you then cutie😂💕
Matty: bye cutie😍

"Kayla im sorry." Hayes said with puppy dog eyes. "Hey I'm letting you make it up to me ok do you need a hug?" I asked. He nodded and I hugged him. I felt my phone buzz so I looked at it.

@camerondallas: coming home from the TCA'S with an award and two love birds❤️😉

It was a picture of us laughing while I had Hayes's hat on my head. I looked at the fan tweets and saw congratulations and 'I thought they broke up.' Hayes looked at me and took his hat. "No Hayessssss I want it!" I said taking it back. "But I have to go Nash is home." He said. "Can I keep it?" I asked. "Sure." He said and got up. I got up and hugged him. "See you tomorrow cutie." He said then left.

"Kayla you do realize he was going to ask you out at the teen choice awards right?" Cam said. "Really?" I asked picking up his hat. "Yea." He said. "Oh well good job Cam love you." I said hugging him. I went upstairs with Ash and put Hayes's hat on the dresser. My phone started ringing so I picked it up.

Hayes: hey I can't sleep
Me: I'm just going to sleep now
Hayes: can we facetime please
Me: ok

He hung up and called me on my laptop. "Hey." He said. "Hey." I said getting comfortable. "You look tired." I said. "No." He said. I started falling asleep and forgot he was still talking. "Goodnight beautiful." He said selling asleep.