55

"ALEX!" Kara yelled out as she ran into the DEO holding Lena in her arms. "Kara? Whats going on?" A nervous Alex asked as she ran into the med bay. "It's Lena..she's sick and I don't know what's going on." Kara exclaimed from where she stood holding onto Lena's hand. "Ok....what's going on Lena?" Alex asked. "I've been getting sick off and on since the honeymoon and after coming home." Lena said looking at her sister in law. Alex pales as thoughts of different things that could be wrong with her sister in law. "I'm gonna do some tests. See what's wrong." Alex says.

While Alex sets up some machines Lena still clings to Kara's hand. "Everything's gonna be ok." Kara whispers. Lena nods praying that she's just pregnant and nothing else is wrong. Alex sets up a machine and prepares to begin doing an ultrasound. "Lift up your shirt." Alex says. Lena pulls her shirt up slightly still looking at Alex. The redhead squeezes out some clear gel onto her stomach. Kara looks from Lena to Alex as the redhead began moving the wand around.

'Thump...thump...thump...thump...thump...'

Kara's eyes danced around the med bay in search of this fourth heartbeat she suddenly hears. Her eyes land on the screen and her body stills as her eyes get fixated on the screen. Her brain went fuzzy as she fixated on the screen. She swore she could hear someone talking to her but she couldn't hear them. It wasn't until Alex waved her hand in her face did the alien snap out of the trance like state she was in.

Blue eyes met the blue eyes of her red headed sisters Kara was unblinking as she tried to hear what Alex was saying. "Kara! Can you hear me? You're gonna be a mom!" Alex shouted her hands on Kara's shoulders as she shook the blonde gently. "Alex! What's wrong with my wife?" Lena yelled as Kara suddenly fell to the floor. "I think she fainted." Alex replied as she wiped off the gel and took the machine away.

A few minutes later Kara came to again this time she was completely coherent. "Kara...are you ok?" Lena whispered. "Yea....I'm sorry for fainting...I was just shocked...in a good way though." Kara stammered. "Are you ok now?" Lena asked. "Yes..I'm happy. We're gonna be moms." Kara replied. "We are." Lena replied smiling at Kara.