Chapter Eight

A copy of yesterday's Daily Prophet is on the coffee table I stretch and pick it up. There is a picture of Cedric and I kissing with an article underneath.

Cedric Diggory was caught kissing Claire Smith right before the first challenge. When she was asked what she thought about him being a Champion, she told us she was nervous. Her eyes full off worry and love for Cedric. On Ms.Smith's finger was a ring. Clearly more to the story than they're letting us know. One person that asked to remain anonymous said, "She is just using him to get to another guy. He shouldn't be with her anyway." What is truly going... Continue on page 5.

I toss it down and sit on the couch. Cedric walks in and notices the article. He tosses it into the fire and sits next to me.

"You figured out the clue?" I ask him. "Cause I've tried everything."

"I have and I'll tell Harry first chance I get."

I nod my head. An owl starts pecking at the window. I let it in and it drops the package for me. It quickly leaves and I open the package. Inside is my old tiny jewelry box. I throw it into the fire.

"What was that?" Cedric asks.

"Another 'gift' from my parents."

{}

I look at the dresses at Hogsmade. Ginny and Hermione seem to be having so much fun. I'm not though.

"C," Ginny calls. She holds up a short, strapless, silver dress. "Cedric would love this on you."

"She's not going with Cedric."

I turn to see it's Cho that said that.

"I am," she smirks. "I guess he agreed with the article."

"Get away from me Cho," I snap. "Or I'll..."

"Save it for your parents."

My mouth drops. Hermione and Ginny pushes her out of the section of the store. I just look down at the dresses and wipe away some tears. Ginny hugs me.

"What happened?" She asks as she pulls away.

"We got into a big fight after I got... something and then I threw the ring at him. After that, we broke up."

"I'm so sorry," she mumbles. I wipe away more tears. Hermione comes over.

"I can't believe she believed that article."

I should have read the rest of it. Cormac McLaggen comes over. He has curly blonde hair and bright green eyes. He is a year older than me and is in Gryffindor.

"Hey C," he says.

"Hi Cormac."

"So the rumors are true? You and Cedric broke up?"

"Yeah."

"Sorry. I was wandering, if it's not too early to ask, would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me?"

"I..."

"We could go just as friends."

I nod my head and he goes. Ginny holds up dress.

"This is you C."

"Yes."