Chapter Nine

The picture is C's Yule Ball Dress.

I finish my make up and put on my high heels. I look in the mirror. My hair is in soft curls and my make up is a bit light to go with my dress. Which is high-low and goes from gold to a creamy white color. I catch up with Hermione.

Cormac and I agreed to meet at the doors. Hermione is in a pink dress with many frilly layers. We get to the top of the stairs and all eyes are on us. People are whispering.

Cedric's eyes are on me. I avoid eye contact. When Cho notices this and elbows him in the stomach. I walk over to Cormac while Hermione goes to Krum.

"You look amazing," Cormac informs me.

"Thank you."

The doors open and we head into the Great Hall. The place is decorated with very fancy decorations. The Champions dance together and then the other people start to dance. Cormac places one of his hand on my waist.

I place one on his shoulder and our open hands intertwine together. We start spinning to the music. He spins me and at the end, I dip. We stand up properly and we sit down.

"I'll get refreshments," he says. He gets up and I just sit there. I look at where Cedric and Cho are. Harry, Ron, and their dates sit by me.

"Hey C," Harry says.

"Hi Harry."

Cormac comes back and hands me a glass of red punch. I thank him and take a sip.

"Do you want to dance?" He asks.

"I'm still shocked that I did as well as I did it there."

"Okay."

He sits next to me. A couple girls walk by.

"Hi Cormac," they say. He smiles and I roll my eyes. I look back over at Cedric and notices he's looking at me. I look away. Cormac notices this.

"You can go to him," he says.

"I'm here with..."

"C. I don't care. As long as we can be friends."

"Thank you."

I get up and walk over to where Cedric and Cho are sitting. Right as I get there, they start kissing. My mouth drops and I can feel tears forming. Cedric looks to see. He jumps up.

"C. I can explain."

I shake my head and take off running. I loose one of my shoes outside the doors. I sit at the edge of the fountain. I keep on crying from the pain. Cedric comes running over holding my other shoe.

"C," he says. He lifts my chin so I'm looking into his eyes. "I'm sorry. I should have never blown up like that before. Or even have gone to the dance with anyone besides you."

"What about the kiss?"

"She leaves into kiss me. I never kissed her back. She wasn't you, C."

He slides the shoe on my bare foot and pulls out the promise ring from before.

"I love you C. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"I love you too."