Chapter Twelve

I pack my stuff while crying quietly. I'm thankfully alone. Everyone keeps apologizing about his death and it does get annoying. It's not like they could have done anything about it. Professor Sprout walks in.

"How's your heart?" She asks.

"Still hurts. Honestly, it feels like it'll never heal."

"I understand. But I can promise it will heal eventually."

"Thank you. And thank you for not saying you're sorry."

"I think you've heard that too much."

I smile as she leaves. I finish packing and head out of the girls dorm. Part of me still expected to see Cedric waiting down stairs. I sigh and head to the Great Hall. The entire place is covered in black.

I sit down at the end of the Hufflepuff table by myself. The food doesn't appeal to me at all. I look at where Dumbledore is sitting. He looks around at everyone, but stares at me a few seconds longer than the rest.

"Excuse me," he shouts out. Everyone looks at him. "The Ministry doesn't want you to know the truth behind Cedric's death. They want you to think it was an accident."

I break out in tears again. The Professor continues on.

"But that will be an insult to Mr.Diggory. He was murdered. By Voldemort."

I cry harder and harder with each word that leaves his mouth. I wipe away the tears and just stare at the plate in front of me.

"You need to eat."

I look behind me to see it's Hermione.

"I'm not hungry."

{}

I get off the Hogwarts Express and go down the path to the Leaky Cauldron. I walk down an alley that looks empty. It takes five minutes off my trip. I hand is placed over my mouth and I'm pushed into a car. The doors lock automatically.

"Hello Claire," Mum says. The car turns invisible and takes off flying to the house.