Chapter Ten

Cedric and I are sitting in the library looking at books for the next challenge.

"Can you repeat it one more time?" I ask Cedric.

"Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching, ponder this;
We've taken what you'll sorely miss,
An hour long you'll have to look,
And recover what we took,
But past an hour - the prospect's black,
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back."

"Got it."

I plop the book in front of him.

"So you are going against mermaids in the Black Lake."

"I knew that."

"What ever is taken from you is below water, so you need to able to stay under for an hour. This spell will help."

"You're brilliant C."

He kisses me on the forehead. I start to blush. Dumbledore walks over.

"May I speak to you alone Ms.Smith?"

"Yes sir."

I say goodbye to Cedric and walk along with Dumbledore. We just walk down the hallway. The fact he hasn't said anything scares me. We make it up to his office. Gabriella, Hermione, and Ron is also there. Gabriella looks a lot like her older sister, Fleur.

"Why are we here Professor?" Hermione asks.

"You are the treasure that the Champions must find."

Before anyone could ask anything, a spell is used to make us fall into a dreamless sleep.

{}

A pair of arms pulls me along. I open my eyes to see Cedric next to me as the spell wears off. We swim to the docks and are pull up. People bring towels and wrap us in it. Cedric wraps his arms around me as we warm up. He looks at his father.

"Is Harry back?"

"No son. Why?"

"He was the first one there."

Mr.Diggory runs off towards Dumbledore. Krum comes up with Hermione and Fleur comes up. We pull her out.

"I couldn't find her," she cries. Ron and Gabriella finally comes up for air and Fleur gets extremely excited. At the last second of the hour, Harry flies onto the deck, coughing. I wrap him in my towel. Through the commotion I got that Harry and Cedric are tied for first. Followed by Krum. Then Fleur. I give Cedric a kiss.