Chapter Eleven

I kiss Cedric on the cheek as his dad wishes him luck. He looks at me.

"I read that in medieval times, the maidens gave the men they love a tocken before they enter something dangerous," I inform him. I hand him a piece of cloth from my Yule Ball dress. He grabs it.

"Thank you," he says. I help him tuck it under his long sleeves. I give him one last kiss right before he goes in the maze with Harry. Mr.Diggory and I stand there watching the sky for signs of surrendering.

I hear Fleur scream and red sparks shoot in the sky. Professors go and get her out of there. She is out cold. The medics go and help her. Another set of red sparks shoot through the night sky. Krum is rushed out of there. He looks like he is under since kind of spell.

I start to get even more worried. Harry and Cedric are still in there. And I can't do anything. After awhile, Harry appears on top of Cedric with the trophy. Music starts to play.

"Somethings wrong," I mumble. I take off running towards them. Cedric is laying still, staring at the sky. No. Not starting. He's not even breathing. Harry is crying. I cry and run even faster. I make it there and start giving him C.P.R.

"Live," I cry. I blew into his mouth and start putting on his chest. "I need you. Cedric, come on."

"I'm sorry," Harry cries. "He's back. I tried to stop him, but I couldn't."

I give and cry on Cedric's chest. I look at his face and close his eyes. Mr.Diggory comes over and starts crying. The teachers pull Harry away. I keep on crying and rocking back and forth. Cormac tries to pull me away and fails.

It eventually takes Fred and Cormac to pull me away. They take me to my house like they're ordered to. I keep screaming and trying to pull away the entire way. We finally get there and I sink to the floor, crying.

"I'm sorry C," Fred says. Ginny and Hermione comes running over and wrap their arms around me. We head into the main Hufflepuff room and sit on the couch.

"I'm...g...going...t...to...k...kill...h...him," I sob.

"Who?" Ginny asks.

"Voldemort and anyone else that was involved in Cedric's death," I practically scream. I start crying again and they let me. They start there with me until they're sent away.