-3-

Karlie had been at Berkshire County School for three weeks before anything eventful occurred. Those three weeks had consisted of faking a smile, sneaking out for fags with Cara and trying not to attract attention to herself. She'd only been sent out of ten lessons, given fifteen detentions and been made to do homework under the watchful eye of Miss Swift as it soon became apparent the teen had no intention of doing it otherwise. Of course, any extra time with her guidance mentor was appreciated by Karlie yet she despised being made to do homework, or anything for that matter. Apart from that, the three weeks had been uneventful.

The brunette is sat in Miss Swift's office, her rounded handwriting filling another page of lined paper when her phone vibrates, signalling a message from the only person that ever texts her- Cara.

From Cara: Tonight's the night. Meet me @ our usual spot. I've got a ton of stuff so it should be a good night. And Swifty is on night duty so if we do get caught it won't be that bad.

A grin grows on Karlie's face as she reads the short text. Tonight they were going to party, Cara supplying drugs that her older sister had given her; Karlie bringing the two bottles of Vodka she had stashed away in her room.

To Cara: Gr8 meet u there at ten :)

All Karlie wanted to do was have some harmless fun and get the last three hellish weeks out of her system before starting another cycle. Whilst the weeks could've been worse, the smiles plastered on her face as she spoke were fake, Karlie meds lay untouched in her room and the lies she told were smooth. Only Cara suspects anything of the way her new friend is feeling, seeing the faraway looks and wispy smiles, the desperate mood that overtakes Karlie when they party together, the chug of nasty alcohol not even being tasted in the sheer desperation she felt as she downed bottle after bottle, shot after shot. "Hey Karlie." The only american voice apart from her own in this awful hell hole greets her kindly, the red soled loboutins the tall teacher wears clicking into the room. "Are you done?"

"I'm done," Karlie nods in confirmation and shoves her paper across to Miss Swift. With a quick look over the paper, Swift tells the brunette she can leave. A huge grin on her face, Karlie departs, pulling out her phone to check for texts and emails. The slick make, the latest iPhone six, is cold in her sweaty hands as she starts to read texts. They're mainly updates from her so called friends, letting her know who was dating who, who had had fights, the usual stuff she didn't want to know. Theirs only one of interest- from her sister. Karlie has three sisters, one of them older and two younger ones that came as twins and cause more trouble than Karlie even if they can't help it sometimes.

From Kristine🎈🌹- I don't want to worry you Karls but I found more cuts on Kariann. Kimby won't talk to me about it so I just thought I'd let you know. Plz txt them coz they miss you. Love you little sis. K xx.

The hands that had had such a firm grip on the iPhone are now shaking, Karlie's green eyes filling with tears that she struggles to hide as she slams the door of her room. A small cry escapes her lips, hurrying to reply and see if she can FaceTime her younger sister.

To Kristine🎈🌹- Are they bad/deep? I feel so bad this is all my fault. Can you FaceTime with her? I know it's like 9am and she should be in skl but I need to talk to her.

The brunette only to waits a minute for a reply informing her that neither of her younger siblings had gone to school, Kimby has a stomach ache and Kariann, well that's obvious. So, setting up her phone, Karlie watched impatiently as the image loaded. It's fuzzy, no intricate details available but it's still an image. "Kristine," she greets, spotting her sister as she hears her call the younger two to the screen.

"How're you Hun?" Krissy asks, scrutinising her sister through the camera and not seeing anything untoward, "before the girls get here... How's the drinking and smoking?"