-11-

Beep. Beep. Beep. It's all a blonde can hear as she sits next to a hospital bed again. At first it was music to her ears, knowing that it signified the girl next to her was okay. Now it's doom, almost like a countdown. "Karlie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I was just angry. Please wake up." Like before, she's talking to the unconscious teen, hoping her brain will respond to her voice. What no one knows though, is that the teacher had been talking to the runaways parents and all of them, Karlie's three sisters included, think they have a solution.

Four hours later, the teen who had fallen from two floors up begins to hear things. The first is the constant beeping that's filled the ears of her teacher for the past hours: the second is soft singing from someone nearby. It's Never Grow Up, a song that hit Karlie hard. Everything had been so simple before. Her parents had loved her, she didn't drown her sorrows in alcohol and she had a 3.9 GPA, a close circle of friends and the boys fawning on her every move. Their was one problem though. Karlie had had a secret relationship with a girl named Toni. They liked each other, nothing like the way Karlie felt for her teacher, but still, they made out and hung out, until they were exposed. Then Karlie was practically disowned by her parents. That's when most of the problems started.

The singing continues as the teen struggles to open her eyes, feeling drowsy, her head heavy. She can't exactly remember why she's at hospital, only seeing quick flashes of her British friends kissing her and her running.

When Karlie finally manages to open her eyes, she turns her head slowly, finding her guidance mentor to the left, the sweet words coming from her mouth as she stares into the distance with those gorgeous blue eyes. The American is confused however, why would she be here when she'd rejected the girl just, what the newly awoken girl assumes to be a day, before? "Taylor," she whispers, her throat hurting ever so slightly.

"Karlie," the older woman gasps, "thank god- I'm so sorry for everything. I should never have said what I did and I feel so bad." Leaning in, she embraces the younger girl, still rambling until she's cut off by a gentle finger being placed on her lips. The teens eyes are sparkling at her, true happiness for the first time in a while as she takes her finger away.

"I like your singing, I can see why you teach music." It's a compliment that Taylor hasn't heard from anyone since she started teaching, yet one that was thrown at her constantly before that and it warms her heart. "Thank you for singing those songs, I just miss her so much and I wish I could go back to one of my Fearless concerts. She told me to my face that I mustn't let anyone hurt me and I have. But I'm not going to let anyone do it again." That's when the teachers heart drops in shock,

"What do you mean she told you?" She questions.

"I was invited to a T-Party!" The student smiles wistfully, still seemingly excited by the fact she met her idol, even if it was a long time ago and that the women she met disappeared soon after. Taylor can't believe it. Out of all the fans, the girl lying in front of her had been chosen, obviously still adoring the missing starlet. "What was that song you were singing when I woke?" The topic is diverted, for now.

"It's called All Too Well," the blonde is more than happy to explain, "now, I'll just get a doctor to check you and then we can talk. And I want you to tell me everything Karlie because I can't help you unless you do." Seeing the determination in the older woman's eyes, the teen agrees with a sigh. Maybe it's time to get help and to perk her life up.

The doctor had questioned her for a solid half an hour, wanting to know everything: what she drank, why she was on the roof, what else she's taken, what she did in Ibiza, basically giving her a psychiatric assessment as well as informing her has concussion and a broken wrist. He leaves quickly, much to the teens delight, telling her he'll be back to plan further treatment, for what Karlie has no idea, and to see how much longer she'll need to be in for. That leaves the two girls together, a comfortable silence surrounding them. "We seem to spend a lot of time in hospitals together," the blonde jokes lightly. The brunette smiles at that, it was true, for one reason or another. "Will you tell me everything?" The teacher then questions causing the younger of the pair to blow out her cheeks.