-39-

Hours pass. Each minute feels like a month to Karlie. She barely moves, her long legs curled up in a defensive shell. Time isn't helping: everything she said to her lover plays on repeat like an annoying song she doesn't want to hear. Half of the teenager regrets leaving, especially after such a small event. But that proves what Karlie didn't ever want to know. She feels out of control. Ending things with Taylor seemed like a way to get that control back, seeing as Karlie thought she could do with time to herself however it's backfired and the one person the teen felt at home around probably hates her.

Moving, a head rush stopping her from sitting up completely, the brunette decides what to do. She hates feeling sorry for herself: she would rather engage in some dangerous past-times to deal with her feelings than mope around in the solitude of her bedroom. The only obstacle for Karlie is that she has no alcohol because of her previous endeavours, meaning she's going to have to find some. Most of the girls will probably take money in exchange for the poison. It's only early in the week so they can easily sneak more in. Karlie believes her mission will be easy until she swings open her bedroom door, revealing the on-call member of staff for the night.

It has to be the woman with gorgeous blonde locks and crystal blue eyes staring at her. Normally, the teachers don't intrude until there's a raucous but of course, Taylor is perched on a chair opposite Karlie's room. Other girls, skimpily clad, come and go but they pay no heed to the guidance counsellor. From time to time the staff to patrol the floor until lights out, especially as other rules slacken and alcohol and drugs make their way into the boarding quarters. Evenings in the boarding house are an odd time: the other side of the well-behaved rich kids comes out as the slinky silk shorts come out and most of the girls are free to wander in sports bras and lacy bralettes. It's a casual thing, obviously, as Taylor is used to seeing toned legs and stomachs when patrolling the girls quarters. Karlie never felt like joining the parade, although her body is certainly up to scratch and her selection of cute shorts would be hard to tire.

Air leaves Karlie's lungs as she breaks the stare she holds with Taylor. She hears those words again. She hears all the bad decisions she made again. Everything is fresh once more.

The brunette's second thought is about getting alcohol though. She has no chance of waltzing in and out of her room with at least £100 in her hand and the blonde not sniffing out what she was up to. There's no way she can get anything she wants.

Taylor watches the teenager carefully. She knows the brunette, whether she wants to admit it or not, and can tell that trouble is in the air. The main problem is that Karlie isn't going to have any regard for what she says. This is a potentially volatile situation and the blonde is glad to have a firm grip on a walkie-talkie, the school's way of letting staff communicate, though Taylor admits she isn't familiar with the contraption as the students are mostly charming. Karlie is a different ball game. She will explode. The blonde doesn't want to let that happen, especially as Karlie is already on thin ice with Lily after the broken window fiasco that never got solved. Taylor always believed the teenager. She loved the teen as well.

Karlie is unsure on how to proceed. Her walls are as high as Everest once more and she feels cool, after the initial red mist that hung over her head like fireflies. Then she has an idea. Shooting the blonde an icy stare, she retreats back into the safety of her room.

Hey :) don't suppose you've got any alcohol you can bring my way? Swift is on duty though.

Karlie shoots off a quick text to Kendall, sliding down against her door. The mental agony is beginning to make her tired. Opening the window would be a good idea, the starry night will keep things fresh and it would keep her on her toes.

I've got some vodka. I'll bring it. But you owe me ;)

Kendall didn't ever approve of the Karlie's drinking: for now she has luckily forgotten and Karlie wants the time to rush past like a blur in case the dark haired girl's memories resurface.