-19-

Saturday

"When've you got to leave?" Kristine asks through the iPad screen as Karlie runs around in front of her, trying to find her black ankle boots in an effort to get ready for her shoot.

"Like..." Karlie pauses, checking her watch briefly, "fifteen minutes- shit." Her sister chuckles under her breath as the taller girl doubles the speed in which she's searching for the elusive boot.

"How are you at the moment? We haven't spoke much." The brunette stops for a second, smiling broadly. The last few days have been great, even if her finger still hurts from the clash with a desk.

"I'm good. My finger still hurts like nothing else but I got out of my session with the arsehole last night."

"What's so bad about him," the older Kloss sister queries, having not heard much about him. All the things she'd heard had been good things so she's been wondering why her younger sister hates him so much.

The brunette sighs, "It's probably his fake Scottish accent and the fact he rips everything I do apart. If I need to see a therapist I'd much rather go to Tay- er, Miss Swift because that's where I always end up."

"Did you just call your guidance counsellor Tay?"

"No." Karlie reacts defensively, a scowl rearranging her features.

The older girl laughs. "You so did." The model blushes scarlet, finding her shoe and standing up straight.

"Whatever Krissy, I have to go."

"Mhm, sure you do. Love you little sissy." She's gets flipped the finger and then blown a kiss as the teen hangs up, grabs her little bag and walks out the door. Making her way to reception, she waits.

Five minutes later a rushed looking Miss Aldridge flies into the room, her eyes searching for something before finding it: Karlie. "Miss Swift has had a last minute call to deal with. She asked me to accompany you today."

Karlie sighs, "look, no offence Miss but I can go by myself." But she's give the don't argue with me look which shuts her up quickly. "Let's go then," the model says, showing her discomfort blatantly. So they walk into the brisk autumnal air, a wind whipping Karlie's naturally falling hair around her face. She laughs to herself, mentally thanking her brain for telling her it's cold enough to wear a scarf. The older woman beside her is shivering even if she's wearing a duffel coat and long jeans. "So where are we headed," the principal asks.

"Like, some fancy skyscraper I think. I don't know- Miss Swift said she knew."

The dark haired woman tusks under her breath. "You should always have a back up plan Karlie- don't rely on others." The student nods. "I do, however, know where you're going so you'll be on time." Their's a pregnant silence which the headteacher then breaks, watching the teenager closely. "Are you nervous?"

Scoffing, Karlie replies, "no, I don't get nervous anymore."

"How come?"

"Today will go how it goes. Well, hopefully, considering I'm supposedly a 'natural' but we'll have to see. And if it doesn't, it will be practice for next time." They step into the nearby underground station, a gush of warm air hitting them both, at which Lily un- clenches her shoulders and takes them through the barriers. The American is still fascinated by the subway system in the UK, watching the flow of people around her in a fascinated manner. They're all too busy to take notice of her in her own little world, only resurfacing when the older woman touches her good arm softly and directs her to the Piccadilly Line. "I'm so in love with this country," she breathes, jumping into the tube just in time as the doors close around them and they're swallowed into the warren of identical tunnels that run under London.