-31-

"New York here we come," Kimby hollers, her long legs running her easily up the stairs and onto the family private jet. Karlie laughs easily, one arm around her younger sister as they stand waiting for the Kloss matriarch to come into the hanger.

Today is the day they fly to New York: staying for New Years at which point the rest of the family will fly home, leaving Karlie to get back to England by herself.

Christmas had been amazing. It had been like old Christmas' when they'd laughed and eaten way too much and then curled up in front of a warm fire watching Christmas specials on the TV. The twins would end up falling asleep and the rest of the family lugged them upstairs.

It hadn't gone to dissimilar this year however it felt nicer to the brunette. She hadn't been alone at any point and although she knew they were keeping an eye on her, Karlie felt liberated from some of the demons that had been lurking inside her before, a renewed sense of purpose and love flooding her.

As for the presents, the ones the girl had received were worlds better then the ones she'd handed out. Being in hospital is not an ideal place to Christmas shop so the evening before Karlie had created and made four unique batches of cookies depending on what flavours her family liked. She'd been tired but it was worth it as the Kloss women bit into the sweet delicacies and closed their eyes in bliss. In return, Karlie had opened a pair of Jimmy Choo heels, a ridiculous yet cute stuffed animal from the twins and a collection of books from her older sister. The books were random: a Hummingbird Bakery cookbook; two books on supermodels of the last century; a ballet themed book; one gardeners manual and three books on happiness, love and life.

Of course, presents had been sent in from other members of extended family and a few excited fans as well who Karlie is planning to write back to as soon as she gets a free moment.

So overall, the holiday had been bountiful and happy. Now it's time for New York.

"Karlie get your ass up, we've arrived," Kimby shouts as the plane rolls into its private hanger at JKF international airport. "Who are you writing love letters to anyway?"

Rolling her eyes at the younger girl, Karlie replies, "just some friends that sent me presents."

"I'm sure your fans can wait. Now get your handbag and come on!" Kimby had always been the bossiest Kloss sister and it's becoming even more apparent now.

The Kloss family are rich. Hugely, off the scale rich and before now, the brunette hadn't even realised. She'd known her family had millions but as they walked into the swankiest hotel in New York after climbing out of five different Lamborghini's with blacked out windows and are immediately ushered into a private side-room, she notices the scale of her family's wealth. If Karlie is honest, she finds it unnecessary however her Mother gets a thrill from it so that's fine.

"Your welcome package Miss Karlie," a well groomed young man says, holding out a black box tied with a gold ribbon.

Unexpected conversation is not something the girl likes so she nods, letting a 'thank you' escape her lips as she pulls on the perfectly formed ribbon.

Inside a damp, warm towels lies as well as some breath mints and a sanitary package. It's all fancy- branded sanitary towels, toothpaste and an electric brush as well as an upmarket brand of hairbrush. Again, unnecessary as the brunette knows she's packed all of this is her luggage.

"Would you like to be shown to your room Miss Kloss?" the same young man questions, "you're sharing with your sister Kristine."

Karlie meets the man's eyes, "yes please." So she stands up, still clutching the box full of items she doesn't require and slings her rucksack onto her shoulder, following her older sister out of the manager's room and into an elevator.