20: Late Nights

Harry POV

Emptiness.

That's the only word that could describe what I was feeling. I once felt so filled with joy, excitement and passion, but now all of that has been extinguished by the separation of Aurora and I.

She's not far, but I still can't handle all the distance. All I want to do is hold her tightly, knowing she's safe in my arms.

But I can't.

My heart seems to swell just at the thought of her. It's been a week, and this is driving me mad. We talk everyday, with the exception of yesterday, and she assures me that she is one hundred percent fine, but still, I worry. I haven't really been sleeping properly for the past three days, and I wonder if that means that something will go wrong.

Look what shes done to me.

My mind is in a frenzy, and here I am at three in the fucking morning, thinking about Aurora. I sat up, ran a hand through my messy hair, and grabbed my phone. I dialed her number and realized how early it is, but I don't care.

"Hello?" her voice was groggy from sleep, but nonetheless it was still beautiful.

"Hey." I said.

"Oh shit, its you. I hadn't looked at who it was." she replied, her tone more awake and alert.

"Yeah, who else would call you at three in the morning?" I asked and laughed lightly.

"You'd be surprised." she chuckled, "But what's up, buttercup?"

"Buttercup?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow, even though she couldn't see me.

"Mhm."

"Well, I couldn't sleep, so I decided to call my baby girl." I answered.

"Aww, why couldn't you sleep?" she asked.

"I was thinking..."

She paused for a moment, "About?"

"You." I answered truthfully. I heard her breath hitch slightly, and I decided to continue, "That's all I seem to think about lately."

"I think about you too. I wonder how you are, how the guys are, and I wonder if you're okay like twenty four seven." she replied.

"Me? Don't worry about me, it's you that I should be worrying about." I sighed. She has a gang after her, yet she's worrying about me and my safety. Images of a man on top of her, ready to rip her life away from her, engraved into my mind. The way she looked at me that day, she looked so vulnerable and the pleading look in her brown eyes was just enough for me to lose all control.

"You say that, but what if they saw you with me?" she countered. " You're all over the media, Harry. If I was with you at the time, all the paps would talk about us. Someone from their cruddy ass gang is bound to find either you or me, and if its you, they would torture the info out of you, and once they got what they wanted, they would kill you, then they'd to kill me. There's just no happy endings." she sighed.

"I'd never give them any information, you know that."

"Then they'd kill you! Do you not realize that? I can't have you in that position, where tomorrow is never promised." she explained.

"I couldn't live with myself if I was responsible for your death." she whispered, her voice cracking at the end.

"Shh, baby, you're gonna be fine, and so will I." I assured her.

"Promise?" she asked weakly.

"I promise." I vowed. My heart ached still, and nothing seemed to soothe it.

Honestly, I don't really care about what happens to me, just as long as Aurora is safe, I'm happy.

"So, hows the tour going?" she asked, changing the subject.

"Great, as usual, but it'd be a lot better if you were here." I told her.

"That's good, and maybe one day I could come with you guys?" she asked hopefully.

"Someday, Maybe." I smirked. "That's only if you're a good girl." I teased her.

"Then I'll be good."

"Great." I smiled.

"So how've you been?" she asked.

"I've been fine, could be better, thank you. How about you?"

"Bored as hell without you. Don't get me wrong, I love your mom, but I miss you." she whined.

"I miss you too, babygirl." I told her truthfully.

"When do you come back?" she questioned. I thought about it for a second.

"Um, just about six weeks, I believe." I answered as I heard her groan. "But I have a surprise for you when I get back."

"Oh really?" she asked. "What is it?"

"No, no, no, I'm not telling you." I chuckled.

"What the fuck, Harold." she said playfully. "You can't tell me that there's a fucking surprise and then not tell me what it is."

"You'll find out in six weeks." I told her teasingly.

"Yeah, but by then, my curiosity would've eaten me alive!" she argued.

"What a shame." I shook my head.

"Oh fuck you." she grumbled.

"Really? When? I'm down for that." I smirked.

"Shut up, you're nasty."

"But you just imagined it... me moving over you, while you moa-"

"Okay, okay!" she squealed, earning a laugh from me. "Gosh, you irritate my life." she said playfully.

"Then that means I'm properly fulfilling my role as your boyfriend." I said proudly.

I bet she just rolled her eyes.

"Do you want an award?" she joked.

"Yes please, Ms. Gonzalez." I said in a childish voice.

"Too bad."

"Not fair." I complained.

"Actually, it is. You see, now you know how I feel with this surprise shit."

I laughed, "Ahh, I see how it is." I paused for a moment, "Wanna know something?"

"Sure."

"Our relationship has lasted longer than any other I've been in for the past four and a half years." I admitted.

"Aw I feel special." she gushed. "Seriously, that means a lot."

"Because it's been over a month, and most of the recent relationships I've been in have been as faker than Nicki's bum."

She burst out into laughter, "You wouldn't say it to her face though."

"Maybe not, but still, that woman is like ninety eight percent silicone." I explained.

"Wow. I agree though, but I still think she's pretty."

"Look at us talking half four in the morning about fake butts." I laughed.

"Because we are goals as fuck, duh." she agreed.

"Of course." I chuckled.

"But I'll talk to you in the morning, babe, I'm tired." she yawned.

"Okay, love, goodnight." I smiled, and ended our call. I saw that we'd been on the phone for almost two hours.

I love the fact that I can call my baby girl at three in the morning, and we could still have a long chat. I put my phone on the charger, and drifted to sleep with a faint smile on my face.

So, this chapter was just kinda to put something normal in there. It was somewhat like a filler, I guess, but please, vote and comment!