Chapter 41 - Arriving in Johto, a new friend.

I was already completely ready to leave but there was still an hour before we had to be at the front of the school. As I lay in my I started thinking about Speck and Greninja. My two aces and the Pokemon that share the strongest bond on the team.

Speck was my first Pokemon and when we first interacted he had bit my nose, he was headstrong but very intelligent. He was very strong in battle and outside of it he was what many people would call adorable.

Then when I first met Froakie he had beaten Speck in battle, though Speck was heavily fatigued. Then afterwards I had tried to capture him but he threw the Pokeball back at my head and laughed at me.

Later that day we once again ran into Froakie but he was getting attacked by a group of Bellsprouts, Speck had joined the fight and they fought off all four Bellsprouts. The teamwork they displayed, all while barely knowing each other, was nothing short of extraordinary. They had easily defeated them and then Froakie had chosen to join my team.

After that they quickly resumed on their rivalry but it wasn't in a hateful way, they were ultra competitive and just wanted to one up the other. That's one of the reasons they've both grown as strong as they have, if they didn't have eachother I doubt they'd be as strong as they are today.

All of my friends know about the rivalry between the two but they all laugh at it and say, 'They act just like siblings!'. Ethan had even called them brothers and said that they reminded him of stereotypical brothers.

They could barely get along with each other outside of battle but if you put them on the same team in a battle it was almost a guaranteed win, in all of the sparring and training matches where they were paired up together they hadn't lost once. Not even Ethan could beat them when they were on a team.

It was such an intriguing thing, they can't get along outside of battle but they hold such a deep respect towards each other. I don't truly get it but it's very intriguing.

I guess I should head there a little early.

As I walked through the dorms there was some early risers, most likely students that like to get to school early. Some of them stared at me while others were respectful and just exchanged a greeting.

Yet again I had navigated to 'Musi' and clicked shuffle on my playlist. The song that had played was 'Complicated' by Avril Lavigne.

There's no incredibly deep meaning behind this song, it just sounds good. Of course I'm still going to seek what questions can be asked from this song.

'Chill out, whatcha yellin' for'

'Lay back, it's all been done before'

'And if you could only'

'Let it be, you would see'

'I like you the way you are'

'When we're drivin' in your car'

'And you're talkin' to me'

'One-on-one but you become'

'Somebody else 'round everyone else'

'You're watchin' your back like you can't relax'

'You're tryna be cool, you look like a fool to me'

I believe the main question that can be asked here revolves around your relationship, 'Can you be with someone who changes how they treat you if people are around?'. Most people would say no but unfortunately this is a reality many people face.

Some guys completely alter their behavior around friends and in the end they treat their partner poorly around friends. Some girls will allow their friends to make fun of their partner and might even feel pressured to join in. It's a reality many people have to live in despite how bad it is.