Chapter Two

I wish we could relive our time together, Benjamin. Maybe then we would use our time more wisely by doing all the things we never made time for or saying what we were actually thinking. Maybe we would've been better then.

I didn't go anywhere after our encounter that day. I raced home quickly, my boots skipping along the paved sidewalk. I'm not really sure why I was in such a rush. I like to think it was because I didn't want people to see me in public with a stained shirt , but, deep down, I think it was so I could call you and hear your voice again.

I closed my apartment door quite frantically. I couldn't help but feel energetic about today's experience. You intrigued me, Benjamin, and I figured I could not just let you go that easily.

Perhaps you brought out the best in me, Benjamin.

So, with those thoughts in mind, I dialled your number.

You picked up on the third ring.

'Hello?' you answered, your voice slightly husky for eleven in the morning.

'Benjamin? It's Danielle, from the café this morning.'

'Morning again sweet cheeks,' you said, my cheeks dusting themselves with red.

'I found your number on the napkin,' I laughed, 'so here I am.'

I heard you chuckle on the other end of the phone, 'are you up for an adventure?'

'Wait, you want me to go on an adventure with you after only knowing you for two and a half hours?' I replied.

'I don't usually ask a girl that I just met on spontaneous adventures but you're different, Danielle. There is something about you that makes you special. You stand out without meaning to.'

I felt my cheeks warm and my blush deepen at your words. 'You could be a murderer for all I know!' I squealed, anxiously tugging at my shirts hem.

'So I will pick you up at seven?' you asked. I laughed softly, your desperateness making my insides twist.

I paused before responding. 'I guess you will.'

'See you soon,' you said before clicking your phone off and disconnecting the call.

But before I even had the chance to put my phone down, it started buzzing to life again. I laughed and rolled my eyes when I saw your name flashing across my screen.

'Benjamin?' I said curiously.

'Danielle. Sorry, but it might be useful if I had your address. You know, to actually pick you up?' you chuckled, and my shoulders shook as I silently giggled.

'Twenty-four Wingam Street,' I replied.

'Thank you, Ellie. See you tonight,' you said before hanging up.

You were beyond adorable, Benjamin. I just wish I would have told you that sooner.