Chapter Five

That night it was raining. Not the usual light shower, but the type with ferocious lighting and thunder as rain dropped heavily on your rooftop.

You had taken me home that night because of severe flooding, which happened to block my way home.

So that's how I ended up meeting your parents for the first time.

They were lovely, Benjamin. They truly were.

We walked into your house, sopping wet with cheesy smiles on our faces.

You laughed light-heartedly and I collapsed on your timber floor in a fit of giggles.

'That was crazy, I can't believe we just ran two whole blocks in a downpour,' you said, chest heaving.

I laughed, picking myself up from the floor.

'Come on, let's introduce you to my parents,' you said, shyly.

'You still live with your parents?' I asked, curiously.

'Yeah... but I move out in two months!' you said excitedly, walking towards a new door which you swung open dramatically.

Your mum greeted us with a large, cheery smile. 'Benjamin, you're home early!'

'That could be because it's pouring down rain outside,' you laughed.

'Touché,' she said, 'and who is this?'

She nodded to me, and I smiled sheepishly at her. 'Hello,' I said with a small wave.

'This is Danielle,' you said, introducing me. 'She's the one I spilt my coffee on.'

'Oh honey, I've heard all about you,' your mum had said, smirking in your direction.

I blushed but you rolled your eyes, waving her off.

'Is it okay if Ellie stays the night? She has no way home,' you said, fiddling with your fingers.

'Of course, just go warn your father so he doesn't totally flip out when he finds a girl in your bedroom,' she said, chuckling. 'He's in the study, Benjamin.'

'Thank you so much, Mrs Hanson,' I said.

'Oh please, just call me Isabella,' she said, sending me a wink.

I giggled, and quickly followed you up to your fathers study.

'Hey Dad, Danielle is going to camp out with us tonight. Okay, thanks, bye,' you said, rushing from the study's door.

'Benjamin,' your dad said sternly.

You backed up and peered back into the study.

'Is this your girlfriend?' he teased, smirking over at me.

'If that's how you want to view it, sure,' you said, rolling your eyes again.

'Hello Danielle,' your dad said, finally acknowledging me.

'Evening, Mr Hanson,' I said quickly.

He smiled at me before returning back to his pile of paperwork.

I turned to you, Benjamin, who was smiling at me widely.

'Welcome to the Hanson household, we hope you have a wonderful stay here. Please, don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.'

'Oh Benjamin, only you,' I said, matching your wide smile.

You winked at me, just like your mum had, and your arm snaked around my waist.

'Here, let me give you a tour,' you said, chuckling.

Oh Benjamin, you really were one of a kind.

I was so lucky to have you for the time I did.