Chapter Eight

My mother told me when I was younger that I should wait until I find a boy who calls me 'beautiful' rather than 'hot', who stays awake just to watch me sleep, who wants to hold my hand and listen to my heartbeat because it's the most calming sound in the world.

She told me to wait for someone who turns around to his friends and says 'that's her'.

Benjamin, I am so glad I listened to her.

I remember the first time I met your friends, too. It was the funniest experience of my life.

I still recall watching you run into my house that morning.

'Ellie, we're going on a road trip. Come on!'

I opened my bedroom door, 'Coming! Just give me a second,' I called, only half-dressed.

Five minutes later, I was downstairs. 'Morning, Ellie,' you said, planting a kiss on my cheek.

'Morning,' I said back, shyly.

You intertwined our fingers and lead me out to your car, where we quickly hopped in and took off in the direction of the highway.

For twenty minutes, we caught each other up about our lives.

You told me how you and your mum baked cookies and a cake for your dad's birthday, which happened to be yesterday.

You were so adorable, Benjamin.

Your hand reached across and flicked on the radio. You turned up the volume, though not too loud.

I watched you in curiosity. You stared ahead at the road, quietly singing along to the radio.

I felt a smile creep up my cheeks.

You looked over to me, finding me staring at you.

'Oh gosh,' you said with a blush. 'Isn't it the best feeling when you look over to your crush to find they are already staring?'

My cheeks blushed red, at the fact that you found me staring and that you admitted feelings for me.

I was so overwhelmed, all I could do was smile, Benjamin.

You burst out in laughter, and I followed. We laughed until we had gorgeous tears in our eyes.

You turned to look at me.

'You are so beautiful, Ellie,' you said, as your car halted to an unexpected stop.

Oh dear.

-----------------------------------------
Two uploads at once! Go me, haha!

This chapter is going to be continued in the next chapter... Sorry for the little cliffhanger, though I don't think it's too bad!

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow! Xx