Chapter Ten

'Benjamin, it's beautiful here,' I breathed, looking up at you.

You wrapped your hand around mine and looked out to the ocean, our feet sinking into the soft sand.

'It's my favourite part about visiting my friends...' you said, chuckling. 'I mean, besides the people part.'

I remember walking in silence for the rest of the walk along that beach, Benjamin. And, you know what the best part was? We were silent, but we were still talking. Everything we were saying was said in the quiet whispers of the wind that was tousling our hair and in the loud crashes of the waves against the beach. 

You stopped suddenly, glancing out at the setting sun and back to me.

You held your hand out.

'May I have this dance?'

Giggling, I placed my hand in yours and you took the lead.

Grabbing my waist, you spun us around.

It was a gorgeous mess, Benjamin. Our feet were constantly tripping, our bodies colliding and we had no idea where to put our hands.

I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

You dipped down and picked me up bridal style, spinning me around before I felt your arms leave my body and my body hitting the cool surface of the ocean.

'BENJAMIN!' I squealed, gasping for air as I reached the surface.

'It's okay, I'm coming in too,' you laughed, diving into the water.

Wrapping your arms around me, my breath caught at our proximity.

Linking my arms around your neck, I threw my head back and laughed at how hopelessly stupid we look.

'Ellie,' you whispered.

'Mmm...' I trailed off.

'Ellie, will you please be my girlfriend?'

'Yes, of course,' I giggled, gently placing my lips onto yours.

You kissed back, and I ran my hand through your salty hair. I laughed as our lips moved in sync, loving every minute of it.

You pulled away, breathing heavily. 'I'm so glad you said yes. You're far too special for me to let go.'

I blushed, and kissed your nose.

'Hey, Benjamin?'

'Yeah?'

'Thank you for choosing me.'