Chapter 8

2 A.M.

Ava's POV

Second night here in California. I thought to myself as I was wide awake. I tried everything:

1. Drinking a warm glass of milk

2. Closing my eyes

3. Reading an actual book which was hard to find

But nothing helped me close my fucking eyes. I stare at the Television seeing Bob's Burgers come on as I felt my mood lift up.

"Room for one more?" I heard a cracking voice from the staircase. It was Johnson. He looked sad. Which made me sad.

"Jack what happened?" I worriedly asked as he walked to the couch I was lying on.

"Sh-he br-ro-ke u-up w-i-ith m-me." He sobbed into his hands as I immediately put his head in my lap as he sobbed.

"Who?" I asked in a rather protective tone.

"Her name is Aurora." He looked up with his glossy blue eyes. He looked so broken. Oh my God.

I put my arms around him as he cried in my neck as combed through his hair.

"Ssh.." I cooed softly as he kept sobbing loudly.

"I-i just don't know why she bro-ke u-up with me?!" He pulled away as I felt the mood suddenly change.

"I gave her everything. EVERYTHING! And all I get back is a picture of Big Mike fingering the fuck outta her? Am I person? Do I get respect?" He raged on and on as I felt footsteps on the staircase again.

I saw Rosie. She looked half-asleep and she had on those bug-eye glasses because of her horrible eyesight.

"What happened?!" She sprinted to Jack and I as I fiddled with my hands. It was a habit I had.

"His girlfriend-"

"Ex Ava EX!" He egged.

"Ex-girlfriend broke up with him." I explained as Rosie's facial expression went from sleepy to sadness.

She hugged Johnson as she rubbed his back slowly. She was always the best comforting.

"How did went down?" She finally asked from like 4 minutes of silence and faint talking from the TV.

"Well," He rubbed his nose as he sat down again, "I was going on SnapChat and I was looking through stories and then came Big Mike's story," He paused as his jaw flexed tightly and then un flexed, "And I pressed on it and I heard a moan and I was like 'that's my man! getting it!' but then, I recognized those moans. And then I looked at the story again. He was fingering a girl and the moans went back to my brain and then I finally realized they were Aurora's." He finished as he wiped a tear from his eyes.

"And then," He rubbed his temples, "I felt physically heart-broken. We had so many plans for the future! She supported me through all the bullshit I went through. I dated her since Freshman year. So, I called her. We had a fight on the phone and then she finally said, "I never liked you. Nor loved. We're done. Go fu-uck yourself." And th-hen she hu-n-ng up and I br-br-oke down." His voice cracked in the last sentence as he broke down sobbing again.

I felt tears brimming my waterline as I saw Rosie silently crying.

"Jack, I'm sorry that this happened." Rosie said as we walked over to him and put an arm around him.

"But, you gotta realize that it's their loss! It's her fault-"

"I bet Mike has a tiny dick." I interrupted her.

"Not helping!" Rosie gritted through her teeth.

I put my hands up in surrender as she talked again.

"And heartbreak sucks! I just got out of one. I found out that he has been sleeping with this girl for 3 months. Yes, I was mad and sad and depressed but then, I soon realized that, I don't need to cry over a boy. My self-worth is not determined by a testosterone filled boy. Vice versa. I mean look at you! You're freaking hot as hell!" She responded as I nodded in agreement.

"You think so?" He asked as I felt him gaining some self-confidence.

"I know so. And you're funny, sweet, smart, kind, everything a girl wants in a boy. Not some crimson chin fuckboy who has a 3 inch weiner." She smiled as we all lightly laughed.

"And, you have us. You have your best friend right by your side through everything. You have Sammyboy, Skathan, Addie, Ava, and myself. We will help you through anything. Go have fun! You can finally get some LA pussy!-"

"The girls here have huge boobies!" I joked as we all laughed.

Jack gave us a small smile and looked at Rosie.

"Thank you Rosie. Anyone would be lucky to have you in their arms at night. And I'm sorry about what happened with that guy. You didn't deserve it. I actually feel, happy. Thank you." He complimented her as she slightly blushed.

Do I see a couple on the rise?

Fuck yes.

"And Ava," He turned to me, "You give the best fucking hugs." He admitted as I smiled.

"It takes practice." I thanked him as we all chuckled.

"Thanks girls." He grabbed our bodies into his as I felt scrunched up.

"And if she wants to talk about how hot she is. Tell her that you had a threesome with these 2 beauties!" I exclaimed as Rosie hit my chest as I playfully shrugged.

Jack stood up and so did Rosie as I laid on the couch feeling my eyes slowly close.

"Goodnight. Thank you guys. See ya in the morning!" Jack pecked Rosie's cheek as she stood there shocked.

"You like-like him." I giggled as she threw a pillow at me.

"And you had a sex dream about Jack Gilinsky." She joked as I laughed.

"The first of many." I flipped her off as she hugged me.

"Goodnight Avie. Have fun wet dreamin'" She walked up the stairs.

"Don't be surprised if you hear moanin' and groanin'!" I joked as she sent me a lazy smile and walked down the dark hallway.

I turned to see Tina and Jimmy Jr. being awkward as I felt my eyes flutter close.

//

i fucking love jack johnson so much it hurts lol. hi everyone :) happy monday!

i hope you all have a good one!

-soph