Chapter 20

Jack G's POV

My eyes traveled up to Ava who was reaching for her luggage and mine. She gave mine to me with a tired yet beautiful smile appearing on her face. Her eyes had bags under them like she was losing sleep. I couldn't blame her. Both of us had to keep an eye on Sammy and Addie.

"You look like you need 13 hours of sleep Ava." I truthly mentioned not thinking about her outbursting on me. She turned around with a glare on her face, "I know Jack." She said with her teeth closed.

I looked over to see Sammy and Addie next to each with their earbuds in. Rosie and Jack were getting something from the vending machine while Nate was facetiming Jenna.

Ava sat down next to me with her head on my shoulder surprising me. I played along and rubbed her forearm and kissed her head a few times. Her eyes were closed with so much force and exhaustion. I feel so bad for her. Both of her closest family friends are in a quarrel and it pains me to see her like this. We sat there for about 20 minutes talking in quiet voices and occasionally laughing at each other. I loved how when she crinkled her nose when she laughs. It's adorable.

And when she snorts while laughing. I love how she doesn't hide it while she does it. It's like she's proud of doing it.

Soon enough, everyone was right beside us laughing along with our jokes. I liked it. A lot of sad shit happened recently and I hated that. I'm overall a happy person. I hate it when something sad happens because it affects me too. We all looked like jet lag was overcoming us and I was feeling it.

"Oh shoot, my dad's here." Ava finally said breaking the silence. She acted like she was dreading this moment. She stood up leaving my arms of neediness and motioned

us all to get up.

I've only heard a few things about Ava's father. She told me that he's some kind of famous and rich business person. She also said he's an unfaithful bitch ass that only craves money, drugs and sex. I mean who doesn't in this world?

She added that she has a younger cousin who is a junior in high school. And loves the Omaha Squad. It's the only cousin that she loves and adores. Her name is Sasha? Or something like that.

Rosie and Addie were in front of us boys talking and turning their heads around looking at us us every other minute confusing us. I could hear Sammy's music blasting even though he's like 4 feet away from us. He was listening to some sappy break up song I can just hear it.

We walked out of the airport and my eyes meet a black limousine with a young man in a black suit holding up a sign with Ava's last name written on it. "Where are we exactly going to Ava?" I asked opening the door for her to get in. She thanked me with a small smile and sat in the back seat with me next to her. "To our vacation lake houses." She answered looking at her phone and back at me.

The driver started the car and drove out of the airport while Ava's head was again on my shoulder. My eyes started to get droopy and sleepy. I decided to go to sleep with my head now on Ava's lap as she runs her soft fingers through my hair soothing me and my sleepiness.

//

Ava's POV

2 hours later

We arrived at the lake houses before at almost 6:30 in the evening. I was too tired to be seeing my relatives. I needed at least 13 hours of sleep in a comfy bed. Without any interruptions.

Fuck.

I opened up the door seeing my whole family. I mean like my whole family. Holy shit. My mother looks hot as hell. I ran over to her embracing in a tight hug smelling her original scent: lavender and her perfume Angel. "I missed you mommy." I cried into her soft light brown hair.