Chapter 11: Confrontation isn't my middle name

Upon arriving at school I quickly rushed to my first lesson after having said bye to Thom, promising that I'd be fine by myself. I found myself feeling happy, something I had hoped to be able to experience once again. Walking into Maths I noticed Bethy sat in our usual spot in the front, I quickly ran to secure my seat next to her.

'Hey Shorty.' She welcomed

'Hey Lanky.' I replied.

We had a relationship based on insults, but that was just us.

'Who's there?' she said whilst pretending not to see me 'Oh there you are Leprechaun, I could hardly see you there.' She said before bursting into laughter.

' Someone's sassy today bitch' I said whilst joining in with thegirlish giggling.

' I love how we insult each other, that's why you're my best friend!'

'I wouldn't have it any other way.'

At that moment our teacher Mr Demi entered with sweat slowly dripping down his face. It was first thing in the morning yet he seemed as ifhe had been trekking through the Sahara desert for a week there was that much sweat.

'Hey Sir.' Bethy and I chorused. As sweaty as he was he was still my  favorite teacher and me and Bethy had sweetened him up enough that he would bring us sweets as a reward for our amazing maths skills.After an eventful hour of insults betwixt the three of us, me and Bethy reluctantly left. Bethy had physics whilst I had History,unfortunately they were on opposite sides of this school so I parted with my best friend before walking away.

Deep in my thoughts I kept my head down and begin walking to History, before long I find myself crashing into another wall, a Thom wall.

'Deja vu much,' He chuckles.

'I'm so sorry'

'It's ok babe'

At this point I'm overcome with panic, my chest is tightening up, I can't breathe. Not this again, it has been 6 months since I last had a panic attack and I didn't plan on having another one, but my body begins to take over. The hyperventilation sets in first, then the tears.

'Baby, are you ok?' Thom says panicked.

'Can't...... Breathe.......'

'What's wrong?' he says after pulling me into an empty classroom.

'I-i-i'm s-s-sorry'

' Everything's going to be ok, just breathe with me babe.'

30 minutes later and I'm breathing again but really tired.

'Explain. Now.' Thom ordered.

'They started when I was little .....'

Flashback to Eoife aged 9

'Daddy, Daddy, Tommy keeps hitting me'

'Tommy, I did not raise you to hit women. Let alone your own sister.'My dad bellowed.

'I'm sorry dad.'

As Mr O'Connor walks away Tommy turns to Eoife begins threatening her.

'I'm going to slit your throat as you sleep.'

'Tommy it's not funny!' Tommy grabs Eoife by the wrists and begins dragging her to his room.

Eoife quickly started having a panic attack just before Tommy could get her inside. Her Dad always came running and would take her to her room, whilst her mother sang her a song in order to calm her down.

End of Flashback

'But after dad died; the panic attacks got worse, my mother no longer comforted me but threw herself into her work, there was nobody to stop Tommy from hurting me and eventually the panic attacks turned into black outs. But after months of using the internet in order to stop my panic attacks, I managed to stop them about 6 months ago. I promised myself that I would never show Tommy my pain and that included having panic attacks'

'Oh babe, everything's going to be OK, you don't have to be strong anymore, if you want to cry you come and find me, I'll always be there for you. I Love you.'

'I love you too Thom.'

'How about after lunch we go home, yeah?'

' Can we stop and get some ice-cream on the way back.'

'Anything you want baby.'

'See you in an hour.'

'I miss you already.' Thom said whilst pretending to wipe awayimaginary tears.

Leaving the classroom I was quickly confronted by Jasz.

' What were you doing in there slut?' she spat.

'Nothing.'

'Yeah right, you were probably sucking off my boyfriend!'

'No, I was with Thom my-'

'Exactly, MY boyfriend, you listen and you listen closely bitch. Thom is mine, he may think he loves you but the truth is he loves me.Understood.'

'Yeah...'

'Good now get out of my sight you little gremlin.'

A feeling of great depression quickly filled my body. As I entered History, I felt tears slide down my face. Did she have a point? Would Thom eventually get bored of me? Was this just some big joke that I didn't know about? Of course it was, a girl like me would never bearable to be happy, I'm destined to be alone and upset all my life.Maybe it was time to do something I should've done years ago..............

Kill Myself.

Hey guys,

What do you think should happen ?I need ship names for Eoife and Thom. Comment your ideas.Sorry for any mistakes I make. Hope you like it. I know that this has gotten real deep quite quickly. But I suppose you guys should know that this story is a little bit based on my life except my brother doesn't beat me up and the only boy in my life is my best friend Kyle, who might as well be my brother. 

Until next time 

Abif29

Comment-Like-Vote.