Chapter 12

I looked him up and down, fighting to control myself as I felt my wolf boiling over with confusion and rage. 

“Oh, I didn’t know you had company.” He looked at Brooklyn as she held her sweatshirt in front of chest. “Am I interrupting something?” 

“Yes, you are.” I said before Brooklyn could speak. 

“Was I, Brooklyn?” 

She sighed. “Just tell me why the fuck you’re here so you can leave.” 

“I have some business to talk to you about… private business.” he corrected as he looked at me. 

Brooklyn looked at me. “Can you busy yourself while I talk to him?” 

“Why can’t I know about this private business?” I crossed my arms over my chest. 

“Zack please…” she said, sounding irritated, “just watch tv or something.” 

“Fine.” I turned around and prepared to walk through the maze of hallways to find the living room. 

“Follow me.” I heard her say as their footsteps trailed into another room and shut the door.

I quickly turned back around and tiptoed after them, pressing my ear to the door of the room they had entered.

“Now, what the hell do you want?!” Brooklyn whisper yelled, knowing that I would probably try to listen from the other room. “I told you that I would meet you on Friday night. You’ve still got six more days.”

She was going to meet this prick?!

“Whoa, number one; calm down. And two; why are you whispering?” the prick said. 

“Oh, I-I uhm… I’m actually losing my voice so I need to whisper.” I wonder if he could tell that she was lying through her teeth. 

“Really? You sure it’s not just ‘cause you don’t want your boyfriend to hear us?” Apparently he could tell.

“He’s not my boyfriend.” 

“My bad, I meant your toy for the day. He looks like he’s got money. How much did he pay you?” 

“Nothing.” 

The prick gasped, “Working pro bono?! Sebastian wouldn’t be to happy with that now would he?” 

“He isn’t a clie…wait, what?! How the hell do you know about him?!” 

He laughed. “I’ve known him for quite a while.” 

Who the hell is Sebastian?

“How?”

“Guess.“ 

“Y-you’re worki…” 

“Working for him? Not quite. Though I do handle some of his dirty work and, occasionally, help him catch a stray.” 

“Really? I didn’t know he started keeping animals.”

“Ha ha, very funny. You know what I mean.”

“Is that how you got my phone number, my address? Through him?” 

“Yes, no, maybe so.” 

“So you’re arrangement for Friday night?” 

“Hmm… well let’s say it wouldn’t have been quite the best date with you being hog tied and kidnapped and such.”

“Fuck Sebastian!” Brooklyn suddenly yelled. “I told him that I was finished a long time ago.” I could imagine her eyes had changed to a dark, stormy blue. 

“Oh honey, you didn’t think he’s just let you walk away did you?” 

“Most people tend to think that a knife in the chest and 200 people killed would qualify as a good reason to let someone walk away.” she hissed. 

A knife to the chest?! 200 people dead?!

“Well you know Sebastian. To him… that’s a good reason for revenge.” 

I pressed my ear tighter to the door when I didn’t hear anything. Minutes ticked by, filled with dead silence. 

“This is what you’re here to tell me?” Brooklyn said, breaking the silence. 

“Be glad that I convinced him to let me talk to you instead of taking drastic action on Friday. He wants you to come back. In his words exactly he said, “Come back without a struggle and you won’t suffer, come back with a struggle and you will be sorry.” 

What the hell has my mate gotten herself into? 

My wolf reacted inside of me, feeling that his mate was in trouble. I reached forward to grab the doorknob when I heard two pairs of feet shuffle towards the door. 

I quickly leapt away from the door and walked down one of the many hallways. I listened intently as each of them stepped out of the room and walked to the front door. 

“Remember what I said Brooklyn.” 

“And remember what I said Preston, fuck Sebastian.” Brooklyn opened the door and pushed him out before slamming it in his face. 

A/N: Should I add in Brooklyn's POV? Or would that ruin the whole mystery of like what's going on and like why she seems so bipolar? Please leave comments and tell me what your thinking so I can get feedback. And thanks for reading :*