Chapter 13

“What the hell was that?!” I yelled. 

“None of your business.” 

“The hell it’s not! Why was that prick that you were fucking in a car the night you met me here? Who is Sebastian? Why is he coming after you? You killed 200 people… a-and stabbed someone in the chest?” I rambled.

“Zack please… just don’t.” 

“What do you mean just don’t? Brooklyn tell me what’s going on!” 

Brooklyn rolled her eyes before brushing past me. “I need some air.” She pulled her sweatshirt over her head then walked over to a closet. She opened it up, pulling out a pair of sneakers. She quickly slipped them onto her feet. She walked past me again and opened up the front door, stepping outside. 

I followed behind her, though I was barefoot, shutting the door behind me. “Brooklyn stop trying to walk away from me. What the hell is going on with you?” I walked next to her. 

“I already told you that it’s none of your business.” 

“Anything that has to do with you and your safety is my business. It’s my job to be there and to protect you.”

Brooklyn suddenly stopped walking, her eyes blazing an almost white shade of blue. “I. Do. Not. Need. You. To. Protect. Me. I can take care of myself perfectly fine without you.” 

“Why is everything an argument with you?! I yelled. 

I noticed that a few people were peeking out of their windows at us. 

“I do not make everything an argument, you do! Why can’t you listen to what I say? If I tell you that it’s none of you business why don’t you just leave it alone?!” Brooklyn yelled back. 

More people began looking out of their windows; some had even stepped out of their houses to watch the current domestic dispute between her and I. 

“Because I am your mate. Can’t you see that I am only trying to help you?! I just want to ma…” 

“No your not!” 

“What?” 

“Everyone… everyone who has ever said that they were only trying to help me lied! They weren’t! They only wanted to hurt me more!” Brooklyn turned away from me, beginning to walk again. 

I caught up with her, grabbing her arm to stop her. “But that’s not me. I would never hurt you.” 

“They all said that too.” 

“Brooklyn I swear, I could never, ever hurt you.” 

“You’re going to be just like them.”