Chapter 5

I turned back around, my head snapping in every direction to spot her. So many things ran through my head at once. Was it really her? Why was she here, in a strip club? But the main question was why was I looking for her? I was supposed to be trying to forget her. And yet I found myself following the scent around and through the club until I stopped at the main stage. 

My jaw dropped to the floor as I looked upon the stage. There she was, in barely any clothing, sliding down a pole while filthy men threw money at her. It didn’t take long for me to process what was going on here. My mate was a stripper. She degraded herself for money. And these pricks, they… they were ogling her and trying to touch her, my mate! 

I lost all control of my wolf as I charged over to the men sitting in front of the stage. I grabbed the shirt of the closest man to me. “Hey, what the…” I punched him square in the face, knocking him out cold. I then moved to the next guy, who saw me coming. He raised his fist, as if that would do anything. I punched him three times, once in the stomach, once in the chest, then in the face. He fell limply to the ground, blood oozing from him. I looked up from his body, to see that all the other men had seemed to clear the area. Apparently they got the message.

I turned my head back to the stage. There she stood, a mask covering half her face, in a see through bra and a pair of panties. I growled loudly as I looked at her. He cheeks burned bright red. She turned away from me and scurried off the stage out of sight. 

Go after mate! My wolf yelled. I did as he said, marching the way that she ran. I found a door marked dancers only, and went inside. A few girls screamed as I walked down the hallway, yelling at me to get out but I ignored them. I followed her scent all the way to the end of the hallway. I opened up another door marked Sparkle and walked in.

Brooklyn’s head snapped over to where I was, her eyes going wide, her cheeks burning red. I shut the door behind me, flicking the small lock. Her eyes followed the movement. 

I sat down at one of the small chairs, not saying a word. She didn’t speak either. After a long uncomfortable silence I decided to talk. “So you’re a stripper?” 

She stared at me a few moments before responding, “Exotic entertainer.” 

“But stripper nonetheless?” 

“Yes.” she nodded her head. 

“What happened to the prick?” 

She looked down at her now knotted hands, “Uhm, his time was up.” 

“His time?” 

She looked up at me; I could tell she was debating on whether or not to talk. She sighed, “He only paid me for one day.” 

“P-paid you?” She nodded her head. I stared blankly at her. “I’m sorry, I’m not following you.” 

She huffed in annoyance, “He only paid me to go out with him for one day. So I went out with him for one day. After that, no contact at all. Get it?”