Chapter 11: The Underground Lab

Pacifica's limo pulled up to what, at first glance, appeared to be a dead tree. Upon exiting, they looked at the branch-resembling lever at the top of the tree.
"Anyone good at climbing?" Dipper asked with a grin but quickly withdrew it.
Ford picked up a rock d threw it at the top branch-lever. It hit it, setting off a chain reaction as evident in the they crank from the gears. The land around the tree began to sink in a stair-like pattern that disappeared into the darkness beneath the ground, just like it would have all those years ago.
"Nevermind." Dipper concluded.
Everyone entered.
"Gee, I forgot how creepy this place was." Mabel stepped carefully.
"Hang on, wasn't there something about this place that made it hard to get into?" Ford asked, revealing that he too hadn't visited this place in quite some time. The gang began to crawl through the entrance.
"I remember something like that too, I just can't put my mind on what it w..." Dipper was interrupted by the sounds of more gears turning. He looked over to see Pacifica had stood frozen in fear on a pressure plate.
"Uh, what the hell was that?" She asked, nervously shaking.
The walls began to close in.
"Oh, now I remember, everyone, uh, uh," Dipper began flipping through his journal. "Find these symbols!" One by one everyone began looking around.
"One!" Mabel shouted as she pushed a cement tile with a symbol carved on it.
"Two!" Stan found another.
"Three!" Pacifica pushed her symbol in.
Dipper noticed the last symbol, but it was about to be overtaken by another incoming wall. Too small now for him to push it, he threw his hat, hitting it just enough to activate. A trapdoor popped open and Dipper retrieved his hat.
"There! Move!" Dipper pointed to the open trapdoor. Everyone moved toward the door as quickly as they could manage. Pacifica, who was furthest away got stuck, limited by a piece of her coat that was jammed between two colliding walls.
"Help!" She instinctively yelled. Dipper ran back for her.
"My coat it's stuck!" She yelled. Dipper pulled apart the back of it leaving only a nub of wool.
"You're free, let's get out of here!" Dipper shouted.
The two made it out right before the walls closed and impacted behind Dippers shoe.
"Is everyone okay?" Stan asked.
The five were exhausted from making it through.
"There." Ford said while looking at a rolled up, long piece of, what looked like computer paper. The papers sat on a decrepit dashboard of old knobs and switches. Dust and cobwebs collected on everything in sight.
Ford retrieved the papers, checking to make sure they were the ones they were after. His approving look quelled any remaining doubt from the group. "We have to get this back to the shack right away!" He pushed a button as all the walls began to retract.
The five went back out the way they came in and out of the forest where the limo was waiting. They all piled in. The driver, after giving the dirty bunch an unapproving look, drove back to the Mystery Shack.