The Showcase of Immortals

I woke up to my alarm going off. I groaned, slowly getting out of bed. I checked my phone and I had one text message. I unlocked my phone and checked the message.

Fergal:

I just wanna wish you good luck tonight, I hope you do well!

I looked down at the message and just stared at it. I sighed, took a shower, and got ready to head to the 49ers Stadium. I put on a black t-shirt, black gym shorts, ankle top Converse, and a hoodie. I then heard a knock on my door. "Come in."

My dad slowly opened the door, he was wearing dark navy blue shorts and Property of WWE shirt. "You ready?" He asked. 

I nodded my head, my dad  came towards me, hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead. "You got this." He assured me, I smiled and we left the hotel and headed the stadium. My dad and I hopped into the rental car, he drove and I sat in the passenger seat. I had my headphones on, my music blasting. Which to my knowledge, my dad didn't bitch at me for having it on blast. I went on my phone and put my music to Eminem, I didn't like rap or anything, but Eminem made me feel confident, it made me feel like I could take on the entire world. 

"Alex."My dad called me out.

I took my headphones. "Yes?"I responded.

"Put your music on, I wanna hear it."He told me.

"But... It's Eminem."I said quietly.

"I don't care if it an M&M, just put it on."He ordered.

I nodded, I plugged my phone into the aux, and put my Eminem music on shuffle. Then Cinderella Man came on.

Yeah,
You know technically
I'm not even supposed to be here right now
So fuck it
Might as well make the most of it

Yeah, ha ha,
Feels good, whoo
Guess I'm lucky
Some of us don't get second chance
But I ain't blowing this one
Nah man
Shit I feel like I can do anything now

Who can catch lighting in a bottle, set fire to water
Comin' out the nozzle on the fire hose, flyer than swatters
Cinderella man
Cinderella man
Cinderella man
Cinderella man
Smash an hour glass, grab the sand, takes his hands and cup 'em
Spin around to freeze the clock, take the hands of time and cuff 'em
Cinderella man
Cinderella man
Cinderella man
Cinderella man

I looked at my dad, very worried. 

"This some good shit."He exclaimed as he sang along with the song. I looked at him and smiled.

Now guess who (Hey)
Here's a clue (Hey)
He came to the ball in his wife beater, lost his Nike shoe
He's in your ass, he's in your ass, he's all up in your psyche too
Now, what's his name

Cinderella man
Cinderella man
Cinderella
Cinderella man
Cinderella man

If I had a time machine
I'd be
Cinderella man
Cinderella man
Cinderella man
Cinderella man

After jamming to Eminem, my dad and I finally arrived to the stadium. We parked around the back, so there couldn't be that much traffic afterwords when we left. We walked around the stadium, I looked around the stadium and took it all in.

"Damn... I'm here.." I thought to myself.

"We're here, kiddo. Thirty-One years later."He said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

I smiled as I saw the crowd full of empty seats.

~

7:30 PM Eastern Time