Chapter 3 - Smiley-box

I ran. Ran as fast as I could, home. I had to get home. I was not going to use the bridge, I would have to find another way. All I knew was that I had to end it. I couldn't bear it anymore. I'd had enough. No one wanted me here anyway. I cried the entire way home. This was going to be my last day alive. My last day living in this Hell on earth. The thought felt relaxing and I felt better. Sort of.

I got home. The car wasn't there. Mom wasn't home. Good. I slammed the front door behind me and ran up the stairs. I looked around me. Where would be a good place to kill yourself? The bathroom! I took a quick trip into my room and got the smiley-box. I smiled. For the first time in years I smiled sincerely. 

I locked the bathroom door behind me. I had tried before, but this time it was actually happening. I started filling the bathtub. Took off my clothes. I waited for the tub to fill up and jumped in. The smiley-box was standing on the sink. I opened it. For the last time I opened it. Soon it would be over. I took a razor blade and slit the artery in the Achilles heel. I could see the blood fleet, turning the water deep red around me. Soon I would bleed out, and die. I fainted.

I woke up coughing water. The nearly drowning had cleared my mind. I didn't want to die. Not like this, anyways. Not now. What the hell was I thinking? I wasn't thinking. I got out of the blood-filled water as fast as I could. I needed to find something to stop the bleeding. Tape. We had A LOT of sports-tape. I Cleaned my wounds and taped them. Then I drained the bathtub of water and cleaned it, leaving no trace of what had nearly happened. Then I cleaned myself. Got the blood out of my hair. Or I wouldn't know if it was blood or dye I was washing out, because my hair was red as blood already. I shook my head. What the hell had I been thinking?