Chapter 5 - Music For The Insane

Music still helped keeping the people at school out though. I would still be lost without my music. Well, I was lost, but you know what I mean. 

"Ouch!" I jelled as Maria dragged my ear-buds out my ears. She took one of the plugs and held it up to her ear. "Huh! You really ARE emo. Guys listen to this!" She called for her pack and they gathered around. They sent my iPod around for everyone to hear. I had been listening to Tourniquet again, that song just described me a little too well. People started laughing as they went through all the songs on it. I could hear people wispering how depressive and suicidal music I was listening to. I heard someone say to another that it wouldn't be long till they found me dead in the lavatory, with both my wrists slit and blood everywhere. After all I WAS a wrist slitting piece of shit as Maria so kindly had pointed out for everyone to hear. I can't believe that we used to be friends. We used to have fun together. And worst of all, I trusted her. Look where that got me. Now I don't truly trust anyone.

Maria cleared her throat, she was done making fun of my music now. I hoped. "Who listens to music like this?" She started "Nobody in their right mind would listen to this crap. But then again, Arwen isn't quite sane either. I'm guessing that she is using all kinds of drugs. I mean look at her, the way she dresses, her hair, there is just no way she was sober when she picked out that outfit." Oh great, now she had gone over to my clothes, again. "But back to her music. Music for the insane, that's what it is! I mean seriously depressed, suiscidal, insane people, just like our little Arwen." She petted me on my head as if I was a dog. All this time she was walking in circles around me, like a shark circling down it's prey before attacking it. I was just waiting for the attack. Now she was just attacking my music, making fun of me nothing else, I knew her too well to believ that this was the actual attack.

"But enough with the fun." Maria said, threw my iPod to the ground and stepped on it, I could see the screan go crack. She had taken away my music. Now THAT I call a attack. I just wanted to break down crying, but no. I had promised myself that I would never let them see me cry. It hurt so bad. Even though the music didn't really help me anymore, I still needed it. I needed something to get my mind off the pain inside. The smiley-box. I just needed to get home first.