Chapter 12- Mom's Little Daughter

I woke up hours later, the blood had stained, like dried out rivers on my arm. I was lucky I woke up just in time to cover it up before my mom walked in and asked if I wanted to watch a movie with her. I said "Of course!" And put on a big sweater before she could see what her daughter did when she was feeling down.

The movie was over and my stomach still hurt from all the laughing when my mom suddenly asked me how I was doing. I lied and said I was fine. She believed me of course, why would her little girl lie to her about something like that? In her eyes I was the sweetest, most innosent girl you could ever imagine. A true Christian, devoted to God. With perfect grades and friends who loved her. She really did not have a clue what her little daughter did when she was feeling down.

The conversation had gone quiet for a while, and I was lost in my own thoughts when mom suddenly asks "Would you like to go swimming someday?" My hand went directly to my arm, as if to cover up my the wounds, and I shook my head. "Oh. Ok. It was just a thought.. You used to love swimming." She said and I could see in her eyes how she dreamt back to when we used to go swimming together all the time. Back to when I was little. Then she knew her little daughters every move, now she didn't know one thing about how her daughter thought. Or the battles she fought. Or what she did when she was feeling down. Little did she know that I wasn't her little daughter anymore.