5. Hooked - Harry

Hooked - Harry

It's 3:17 P.M. when the boys and I get out of the photoshoot for English magazine. Rick made us stay there for 9 hours. I'm exhausted. My face hurts from smiling so much, my bones ache, and I don't feel like standing anymore. All I want to do right now is go back to the hotel and take a nap. I'm officially done for the day.

We all head outside to the car, including Rick. He slides in the passenger seat, and I get in the middle, next to Zayn.

"Driver, can you take us back to the hotel?" I ask.

"No," Rick interrupts. "You boys are going to the premiere of the X-Factor UK to surprise the contestants and watch their first show."

"What? Why didn't you tell us?"

"Look. It's a last minute deal. They're paying double."

"Rick, I have to be somewhere tonight. You can't just push this on us at the very last second."

"Where do you have to be that's so important, huh?"

All of a sudden, 5 pairs of eyes are directed towards me.

"Yeah, where do you have to be Harry?" Louis questions from behind me.

"It's none of your business!" I snap. "You don't need to know everything about my life!"

"As your manager, I think I do."

"Especially not you," I spit.

"Well you’re going. End of story. Driver, to the X-Factor studio please."

I roll my eyes and cross my arms. I'm going to find a way to make it on that train in time. Ever since last night I've been wondering what Rose's story could be. She's a very captivating person. She's like that good book that you can't stop reading or that film that you want to watch over and over again until you've memorized every line. I'm hooked.

We make it to the studio and the boys and I are all rushed inside. I follow Liam as we walk down the familiar hallways. We pass our old dressing room, the little cafeteria, and even the bathroom in which Louis and I met. It's crazy how many things have changed since we've been here. We were made here.

Then, Liam stops and I run into him.

"Whoa. Careful."

"Sorry Liam."

Next, we enter through the double doors leading into the contestant's lounge. Once we do, the room fills with gasps and even a couple of screams from the girls. There are cameras taping the whole thing.

"Hey guys," Niall says nonchalantly.

Everyone stands up to give us a hug or a hand shake. As I’m interacting with the constestants I can’t help but think how we were just like them not too long ago. Our band stood on that stage and sang for our safety in the competition. We came in third place. We got signed. These contestants are aspiring to be what we are now. Famous. All I have to say is be careful what you wish for.

I’m distracted from my thoughts when the youngest girl in the room marches straight up to me. She’s got long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I’m guessing she’s around 13. I bend down to match her height and say hi.

"Hello, what's your name?"

"I’m Mia."

"Nice to meet you, Mia. I look forward to watching you sing tonight."

I’m about to walk away and find the boys but Mia calls me back.

"Wait Harry! Can you give me some advice? I’m really nervous."

I glance at the door and see Louis waving me over. They’re about to leave.

"Just be you and have fun. If you mess up, keep going. If you need to, you can find me in the crowd and look at me the entire time."

"Promise you’ll be there?"

"I promise."

I give Mia a quick thumbs up and one last smile before walking out the doors to catch up to everyone else. When I find them, they’re already taking their seats. Besides us, no one else is here yet. I plop down next to Louis and lean over to talk to him in private.

"Hey Louis. I need you to do something for me."

"Sure, buddy. What is it?"

"After the little girl named Mia goes, I have to leave. If anyone questions it, can you cover for me?"

"Yeah, but where are you going?"

All of a sudden, people start pouring in.

"I’ll have to tell you later."

I watch as fans take their seats, waiting for the show to start. That’s what I’m doing too. I mean c’mon. Can we get this show on the road? Right as I think that, Jeff Brazier comes out and starts doing his thing.

"Hello everyone! I’m Jeff Brazier, and welcome to the premiere of the X-Factor! Let’s give a nice round of applause for our judges!"

The screens opens and out comes Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole, and Nicole Scherzinger, the notorious judges of the X-Factor. I used to be intimidated by them, but not anymore.

"And look who we’ve got in the audience! It’s One Direction!"

Suddenly, I see myself on all of the screens in front of me. I smile and wave until the camera moves somewhere else.

"Let’s start off with one of the groups. They’re from Birmingham and you know them as Revolution!"

Jeff points to the screen behind him and a video clip of the band starts playing. They remind me of what the boys and I were like while we were on this show. We were silly and naïve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems like we’ve been here forever when Mia finally comes out on stage. But when she starts to sing, I realize that it was worth the wait. She’s the most talented young girl I’ve ever seen. Her voice is very strong and powerful. I make a mental note to tell my Twitter followers to vote for her.

During the chorus, I can tell that Mia is starting to feel uncomfortable because she looks around in the crowd. I wave my hands in the air until she notices me. Once she does, I can tell that she feels more relaxed. I made a promise to be there, and I always keep my promises.

She finishes on a beautiful note and I make sure to give her a standing ovation. Then, everyone follows my lead and stands up too. Mia smiles and gives a little curtsey before the judges evaluate her performance. Naturally, they all say good things and she leaves the stage happy with how she did.

While Jeff is announcing the next act, I whisper in Louis’ ear, "Alright, I’m leaving now."

Louis doesn’t answer, but he gives a subtle nod of the head. I take that as my cue to go. I stand up and casually straighten my pants before walking down the aisle to the exit. I push the door open as quietly as possible and slip out. Now, to the train station.

________________________________________

If you guys want to follow me on Instagram, my personal is @casey_gutwein, and my fan account is @bananapaynecakes ! Check it out!