6. Take Me Home - Rose

Take Me Home - Rose

It's exactly 1:30 when I get on the train. As usual, it's right on time. I walk up the steps, and take the seat in the back by the window. This is the same place Harry and I were last night. It's funny because the fabric on this chair holds special memories for me, but no one knows just how special it is. It's just a chair to them.

I have about two hours until the train stops in London, where Harry will be waiting. Just the thought of him makes the butterflies in my stomach turn into raging elephants. This is all seems so unreal to me. I'm living every fangirl's dream. Wait. Maybe this is all just a dream. I pinch myself, but nothing happens. Nope. This is actually happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours finally pass, and we begin pulling up to the London Train Station. I've spent the whole ride thinking about what could happen with Harry. So many things could go wrong, yet so many things could go right. I've never been so nervous. I think I psyched myself out.

The doors open and I see the curly-haired boy making his way towards me. Harry sits down and takes both of my dainty hands into his strong ones.

"Rose, what's your story?"

"What? No hello?"

"Hello. Story now, please."

Then, Harry smiles that infectious smile of his, dimples prominent. It makes me want to just spill everything out all at once, but I decide to play it cool and take it slow. I take deep breaths and he rubs his thumb over my knuckles.

"Everyone needs someone to talk to," he says, quoting me.

I look down at our intertwined hands and crack a smile, "Are you sure you can handle the truth?" I say looking up at him.

He laughs, "I think I can manage."

"Well it's my parents," I explain while trying not to cry. "They're getting a divorce because they fight all of the time. I come on the train so I don't have to hear it, but they barely notice me anyway, so I don't even think they'd care if they found out I was gone in the middle of the night."

"I know how it is. That was me when I was a kid. When my parents were going through their divorce, I would walk to the playground at the end of our street and sit on the swings until my mum called me home for dinner."

"Well, I don't have to deal with it anymore. Once I turn 18 in two days, I'm out of that house. I rented an apartment today."

"I better be invited to your birthday party."

"I'll make sure of it."

All of a sudden, the train stops to let a man on. His hair and tie are dishevled and he's carrying a black duffle bag.

"Harry, what do you think his story is?" I ask, pointing to the man.

"Hm, he's returning home from his lover's house, but he told his wife he was on a business trip."

"That makes sense. But he could also be coming home from visiting his sickly mother in the hospital."

"Yes, that also makes sense. Why don't we ask him?"

"Harry, I don't think that's-"

"Excuse me sir?" Harry gets the man's attention. "Where were you before you got on this train?"

"I, um, I was on a business trip."

"Okay, thank you."

The man turns around and Harry sits back with a satisfied look on his face.

"I can't believe you just did that!" I whisper-shout.

"Well, I had to know."

"Geez. Mr. Nosy."

"What did you call me?"

"You heard me."

Suddenly, the train makes a horrible noise and halts to a stop, flinging Harry and I forward.

"Attention," a man over the speakers says. "The train is experiencing some malfunctions with the engines, so we have no choice but to evacuate the train. We are currently one mile away from Oxford Train Station."

The "business trip" man gets up and exits the train, and Harry and I follow him. We step out into the dark, chilly night and walk towards the front of the train.

"I live in Oxford. You could come to my house and get a ride from there if you want."

"Yeah, okay. Let me call someone really quick."

"Alright."

Harry takes his phone out and walks away to call his ride. I lean against a tree and think.

Harry Styles is coming to my house. My parents don't even know that I went out. That means I have to sneak him in until someone comes to pick him up. I hope I didn't leave any bras laying around.

I flinch when Harry taps my shoulder.

"I'm all set. Ready to go?"

"Sure am."

It doesn't take long for Harry and I to make it back to my house. Maybe 20 minutes or so. He starts walking towards the front door, but I pull him back.

"We can't go in that way."

"How are we getting in then?"

I grab Harry's shirt and take him to the side of my house where the trellis leading up to my bedroom is.

"You want me to climb that?" he asks, pointing at the wall.

"Yes. Is there a problem?"

"Will it hold my weight?"

"I'm positive."

"Are you positively positive?"

"Yes, Harold. Stop worrying and climb."

I take the lead, and Harry follows. We reach the balcony without any problems and I step over the railing to open the window to my room. I take a quick glance around to check for anything embarrassing before letting Harry in. I'm clear.

"You may now enter my humble abode."

"Abode? Who says that?"

"I do, now go," I say ushering him inside.

"Ms. Pushy."

"Mr. Nosy."

I enter after Harry and plop down on my bed, facing away from him. I try to concentrate on my phone, but I can hear him rummaging around, looking through my desk drawers.

"Harry, what are you doing?"

"What's this?"

______________________________________

Who loves cliff-hangers? I know I do! I felt so witty when I came up with the title for this chapter. Take Me Home, ha. I'm so clever. Comment, vote, and follow!