17. Chances - Harry

Chances - Harry

I wake up to a face-full of Rose hair. I inhale through my nose and I can smell her cocount-scented shampoo. I take a look around and realize that we fell asleep on the couch. I get up without waking Rose and grab our mugs from last night to put them in the sink.

Flashes from last night run through my mind. I remember Rose laughing, then yawning, and finally putting her head on my shoulder to rest. I wrapped my arm around her waist as she curled into me. "This feels nice," she said. I thought the same thing. Just then, I got my nerve back to tell her how I feel about her, but she was fast asleep before I could say anything. Instead, I just kissed her forehead and closed my eyes to dream of what Rose and I could be.

"Good morning," I hear her say behind me.

"It certainly is," I reply, putting the mugs in the dishwasher.

"Wait, I want to use my rose mug for juice!"

"But it has tea remains in it."

"I don't care. I'll wash it out."

"So you won't use any other mug but this one?"

"You are correct."

"Why?"

"It's obviously meant to be."

"What's meant to be exactly?"

"Me and this mug. It's almost funny that you would have this rose mug and then meet somebody named Rose," she says, grabbing the mug from my hand.

"Are you sure there isn't a deeper meaning? Like your meant to be with the owner of the mug?"

Rose stops washing the mug and looks up for a second before saying, "Is that like a trick question or something?"

"No. I think it's pretty straightfoward."

"Harry Styles, what are you trying to say?"

"Rose, I- I don't know. Just forget it."

I'm such a coward. I had a chance for the second time in 24 hours, but I blew it. Right when I begin to come out of my shell, I crawl back in. Rose is the first girl that has made me feel like this, and I just don't know how to show it to her.

After Rose finshes washing her mug, she grabs the orange juice from my fridge and pours some for both of us. She hands mine to me before sitting on the counter. I look at her puzzle piece tattoo as she takes sips of her juice. That was only the second thing we did out of her book. We've accomplished so many more since then.

"So, what are we doing today?" Rose asks.

"Let's check the handy dandy bucket book."

I find the book in the living room and bring it back to the kitchen. I flip it open to the sixth page and read it.

"Well, what does it say?" Rose questions excitedly.

"It says," I pause, thinking that this could be another chance to tell Rose how I feel, so I finish with, "to kiss a curly-haired member of a band."

"Oh, does it?"

"Yeah. What a coincidence, huh?"

"Alright. Have it your way then."

My eyes go wide as Rose sets down her mug and jumps off the counter. She marches straight up to me, grabs my face, and kisses me on the cheek, leaving me confused. What does this mean? Does she like me as a friend, or possibly more? Am I just something she wants one day and doesn't want the next? I don't even know what I am.

"Now, what's really next?"

"You better grab your swimsuit because we're swimming with sharks."

___________________________________________________

I know this one is short too, but I literally wrote this today. Normally, I have two written so I can edit them and fix mistakes, but I had finals this week and I have some next week, so I've been studying and being lazy, but I only have two days of school left so that means more time to write! Anyway, please comment what you think! Also, don't forget to vote and follow!