13. The Great Escape - Harry

The Great Escape - Harry

When we're back inside is when I finally let go of Rose's hand. I tried to tell her something before landing, but she couldn't hear me. I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing though. I tried to tell her that I like her more than a friend. I had a feeling I would ever since I couldn't stop thinking about her after the first day on the train. I guess it's good that Rose didn't understand me because I've been really nervous to tell her, but it's also bad because I don't know if I'll be able to work up the nerve to do it again. I don't know. I just don't want to lose what we have.

We all walk out of the front doors of the skydiving place and back into the parking lot. Rose goes to wait in the car while I talk to the boys.

"Thanks for asking us to come, Harry. That was amazing," Liam says.

"No problem. What did you guys think of Rose?"

"She's cute."

"And not yours," I tell Zayn.

"Alright, I'll back off. I'm just messing with you," he replies, laughing.

"Listen, I need all of you to do me a favor and not tell Rick what we did today. He already warned me to stay away from Rose."

"Don't worry, mate," Niall says as he puts his hand on my shoulder, "your secret is safe with us."

"Just try not to get caught," Louis informs me.

"That's the plan. I like spending time with Rose. I don't want it to end."

"Good luck."

"Thanks. I'll need it. See you lot later?"

"Sure."

I wave goodbye as I walk back to the car. When I open the door, Rose gives me a "what was that all about?" look.

"We just had to discuss some band things."

"I see."

"They really liked you, you know," I tell her as we pull out of the parking lot.

"Good. I like them too. They're very outgoing."

I laugh at Rose's reply, but stop as soon as I see it out of the corner of my eye. A big black van. I see them all the time. It's the paparazzi and they're following us. I can't let them see Rose. If they do, Rick will see that I was with her, and I don't even want to know what he'll do to me.

"Um, Rose? I think I see a penny under the seat. Could you get it for me?"

"Right now? Do you really need it that badly?"

"Yes, I need it right now. It's very important to me."

"You have millions of dollars. Why do you need a penny?"

"Just get it!"

"You know what? Fine."

Rose bends down to look for the penny and I just about floor the gas pedal to get away from the paps. At least if they see me now, they won't see Rose.

"I don't see a penny down here."

"I did. Just keep looking."

I turn a sharp corner and head for Rose's apartment. Might as well drop her off. I look up in the rear-view mirror, and the van is gone. But just as I think we've lost them, they come out of nowhere and end up right next to us.

"Harry, there's nothing under the seat."

"Yes there is! Look harder!"

The driver of the van rolls the window down and takes out his camera. He snaps a couple of pictures, but then turns down a road on the right. I don't know where they came from or where they're going, but I have to get Rose home in case they come back.

"Oh, I found it!" Rose exclaims, sitting up with a penny in her hand.

I don't even want to know where or how she found that.

"What? You actually found a penny?"

"Yeah, here you go."

"No, you keep it. It's good luck."

"You made me search under your filthy seats for a penny that you were just going to give to me? I worry about you sometimes."

"Admit it, I make your life interesting."

"That's true. I would have watched movies all day if you didn't show up and make me go skydiving."

"That reminds me, what's next in your bucket book? Do you know?"

"Not a clue."

"I guess we'll just look at it tomorrow," I say as we pull into Rose's driveway.

"You're not going to come in?"

"I wish I could but I really should go."

"Alright then. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow."

"Oh, and Harry? Thanks for today. You really do make my life interesting."

"You make mine interesting too, Rose."

"Good," she replies with genuine smile.

Rose gets out of the car and I watch her walk up to her door. She turns around and waves before she goes inside. I wave back and smile. If she had heard me tell her that I like her while we were skydiving, would I be kissing her goodbye instead of waving?

_______________________________________________

Kind of a filler chapter. Anyway, I have a contest for you guys! I want all of you to leave ideas for what Harry and Rose can do next out of Rose's bucket book! I'll choose the best one and put it in chapter 15! Good luck everyone!