20. Meaningless - Rose

Meaningless - Rose

I walk aimlessly through Harry's house, trying to find something to do. I have the TV on channel two, so I can watch the interview when it comes on. The clock in the kitchen says 11:27. I bet it comes on at 11:30.

As I begin to walk back to the living room, I see my bucket book laying on the table. It's flipped open to the last page. I don't recognize the handwriting that's on it though. It's not mine, so I assume it's Harry's. What's written there on the page is "Fall in love with Harry." My heart speeds up when I read those words. I do love Harry, so I can already check that off the list. I quickly decide that I'm going to tell him how I feel as soon as he gets back because now I know that Harry wants me to be his just as much as I want him to be mine. Speaking of, I can hear his voice coming from the television. I dash to the living room and sit on the couch to watch, giddy to see his face. Once I see the TV, I notice that something isn't right. None of the other One Direction boys are at the interview. It's just Harry.

"Hello, Harry," the interviewer begins.

"Hello."

"How are you today?"

"I've been better."

"What's wrong?"

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"Really? I'm sure your fans would like to know."

"They don't need to know. Just change the subject please."

I look at Harry's stiff posture and straight face and I can't help but wonder what's going on with him. He seemed perfectly fine when he left.

"Alright, have you seen this picture?"

A picture of me and Harry pops up on the screen. I gasp and jump up. I don't know how to feel. Should I be excited? Worried? No, not worried. Harry loves me. Nothing can go wrong.

"Yes, I've seen it."

"Would you mind explaining to us who this girl is?"

It's the girl I love

"I don't remember seeing her."

My heart sinks. Am I dreaming? Did that really just come out of his mouth?

He continues, "She might've been a fan who asked for an autograph or something, but I don't know her."

Why is he lying? Does he know that it's breaking my heart? Tears start pouring out of my eyes and I can't bring myself to watch the rest of the interview. I shut the TV off and throw the remote at the floor. I pick up my bucket book and rip out all of the pages. All of these things that we did obviously meant nothing to him. I mean nothing to him. If I did, he would have put himself first for once, and tell the truth. Now, the world views him the same as he was before, but I view him as a scared, pathetic jerk, which is what Harry Styles really is.

I stop tearing up the pages and I just fall to the floor, still crying. I wipe my tears over and over again but there's nothing that I can do to stop them. I need to get out of here and away from anything that has to do with Harry. I grab my purse and as I'm walking out the front door, I see my mug on the coffee table. That just sets off more tears, so I leave, slamming the door behind me even though there's no one inside to hear it. I don't have my car with me, and I don't want to go back to my apartment incase Harry shows up there, so I walk to the only other place that feels like home to me.

_____________________________________________

Okay, so I there's going to be two more chapters and two epilogues left! I want two because I want one in Harry's POV and one in Rose's POV. You guys don't mind, do you? In other news, I went to a One Direction concert on Thursday! Words can't even describe how happy I was. Now, I just watch the videos I took over and over. Anyway, comment what you think about this chapter, vote, and follow please! I love feedback!