Chapter Twenty Three: The Setup

It had been a few months since Brody proposed to Bianca in front of their families and she couldn't be happier. She forgot all about wishing she was pregnant and just cherished the fact that Brody actually wanted to marry unless you were royals marriage wasn't necessary if you were mates.

A lot of mates would get married just to follow human laws but the mated bond was far stronger than the married one. Graduation was a week away which meant that they would be moving to the castle and start the preparations for their wedding.

They had decided they wanted to have the wedding and crowning ceremony all in the same night to save everyone trips from Deadwood and Equality. Bianca was nervous because she didn't feel comfortable moving into the castle not knowing what the king was up to but Brody always reassured her his father had no intentions of hurting her or Hope.

She wanted to believe him but she knew deep down that his father couldn't be trusted. She tried to reason with Brody but he would always end up kissing her or nibbling on her neck causing her to completely forget what she was talking about.

He knew how to get out of things he didn't want to get into and he did it quite often which neither Bianca nor her wolf minded the intimacy Brody and his wolf were more than happy to provide them.

Bianca was going to school to go over the females part of the graduation ceremony today, they had already finished their classes on Friday knowing that this week was rehearsals for their grand ceremony.

It wasn't a typical graduation the mates would enter the grand hall separately and each set would do a ritual dance specific to their species and then they would be called up couple by couple to the grand stairway where they would be introduced into society as one.

Today Bianca and the other females were learning their part of the dance. She was excited but upset at the same time she was excited to finally be done with school but upset because she would be leaving Sarah behind since she was still stuck as a Second Year Fairy since she hadn't been mated yet.

Sarah had just recently revealed to Bianca who her mate was which came as a shock to everyone because the guy was a complete ass not to mention the fact that he had some role in what was going to happen to her and her daughter.

Sarah admitted that she had even confronted him about it only for him to deny her which was killing her inside. She hadn't wanted to do much of anything since the day he refused to accept her as his mate.

Damien had been hurting just as much as Sarah was but he knew he couldn't accept her as his mate it just wouldn't work out besides she wouldn't want to be with him once she found out what part he has in hurting her family.

He was having a hard time concentrating on anything else but Sarah. He was upset that she hadn't been back around the house and had even started avoiding Bianca just to stay away from him.

His wolf was not happy with him not one bit and he tried on several attempts to take control and claim Sarah but Damien put up a good fight and would conquer his wolf before he got very far.