Chapter Thirty Four: The Lost City

After they walked for a couple hours through caves they finally came to an opening covered by a waterfall. “Where are we?” Sarah asked as they stopped just behind the water. “It's the lost city of Harmonia.” Brody replied.

“How do you know that?” Draven asked shocked by his response. “I have heard legend after legend about this place but always thought it was just a made up place.” he answered him. “It's very real and I'm sure that you know only the purest of hearts is allowed to enter.” Draven said watching him.

“Yes and they have to be accompanied by a direct descendant of the founding family.” he replied. “That is correct.” “Are you saying one of us comes from the founding family?” Brody asked.

“Not just one but three of us do.” Draven grinned looking towards Hope and Bianca. “Wait how is that possible?” Bianca asked. “Your father passed their blood onto you and you passed it on to your daughter that is what makes you such a strong she-wolf.” Draven told her.

“That can't be the original family were not of this world they weren't any specific being and I am a werewolf.” Bianca replied. “That is true except they were the ones who started each individual being from the fairies to the wolves.” Draven said.

“How is that possible?” she asked unsure she believed him. “No one knows but there are stone tablets encased within the castle that speak of them being the sole creators of everything supernatural.”he replied.

“If that is the case then how are you a descendant?” she asked. “My line of hunters was created by them to have as protectors.” he replied. “That explains your inhuman speed.” Bianca replied.

“We can have a history lesson later we need to get going before the waterfall stops flowing and becomes solid.” Draven said grabbing Sarah and Hope. “Becomes solid?” Brody questioned. “Yes it only flows for a few minutes when a descendant is present but only long enough to allow entrance.” Draven said as he jumped through the water.

Brody followed suit with Bianca in his arms. He cradled her to his chest preparing for a long descent into a pool of water but after a few minutes he realized they weren't falling or hitting water but they had jumped into an open field.

He turned around to see that the waterfall was no long there it was just a giant rock wall. “Sorry I was caught up in the history of things that I forgot to mention that it wouldn't be water we would land in after passing through the falls.” Draven laughed as Brody stood up.

“It's all good I have buns of steel for a reason.” Brody smirked. “That he does.” Bianca smiled. “Okay enough about Brody's butt I'm starving.” Sarah laughed. “No worries as soon as we reach the city we are going to get some food.” Draven said leading them down a path into the woods.

After an hour they pushed through the final trees and bushes out into an open meadow that surrounded the city. “It's beautiful.” Bianca said as she looked at all the shimmering towers that were standing above the large wall that seemed to surround the city.

“Wait until we are inside the wall.” Draven said as they walked through the meadow. They approached the city gates that were surprisingly unguarded. Bianca could sense they were surrounded by something but not exactly what it was.

“Where are the guards?” She asked seeing if Draven would confirm her suspicions. “They are all around us they are known as the guardians of the city.” Draven replied. “I knew I could feel them but why can't we see them?” She asked.

“No one can ever see them only descendants can sense their presence.” he answered. “What are they?” she questioned. “They are made up of a pair from each type of being one male and one female chosen by the founders of the city every ten years two more guardians will be found and begin their training to join the ranks.” he answered.

“How do they know they are meant to be guardians?” she asked as the gate was slowly opening. “I'm not sure I have heard that only guardians can see each other so I think that is how they know.” he replied.

“Mommy why are the glowing people staring at me?” Hope asked when she woke up in Sarah's arms. “What glowing people?” Bianca asked looking around. “The ones all around us.” she replied rubbing her eyes.

Brody and Bianca looked at each other then to Draven. “Sweetie what do they look like?” Draven asked her. “They look like us except they are glowing like Auntie Sarah does when she is flying.” Hope replied.

“It's okay they are here to protect all of us and the city.” Draven smiled nodding his head confirming what Bianca and Brody were asking. “Draven when did they select the new guardians last?”Bianca asked squeezing Brody's arm.

“About seven years ago but no worries they can't take guardians until they are at least sixteen.” Draven smiled. “That gives us thirteen more years with our daughter.” Bianca sighed. “It'll all be okay we will just make the best of them.” Brody smiled.

Once they entered the city they just stood there staring in amazement at the buildings that were shimmering as if they were made out of diamonds. “Wow.” they all managed to say in unison. “It's incredible isn't it?” Draven laughed at their reaction.

“Yes it is.” Sarah answered him. “Come on let's go get some food.” he said leading them further into the city. They slowly made their way through because they were constantly stopping to take everything in.

Once they had finished eating Draven led them towards the castle so the founders could welcome them to the city the proper way. Bianca was extremely anxious to meet the founders and learn more about where she came from.

“When can I see my mother and sister?” Brody asked as they started up the castle stairs. “As soon as the founders say it's okay.” Draven answered. “Why do they have to okay it they are my family.” Brody growled. “I'm sorry but they have to okay you being in the city.” he replied as they walked to the castle door.

Once they were inside Draven led them to a sitting room where they waited to be called in by the founders. Once they had been given the okay to proceed they followed Draven down a long corridor with pictures of each of the first families on the walls.

She stopped when she came to the picture of the wolves. They were stunning the female with a sheer white coat and the male with the darkest black coat of fur she had ever seen. The male had deep royal blue eyes while the females were a deep emerald green.

Bianca thought it was funny because the eyes of the first wolves matched hers and Brody's only difference was she was a white and gray wolf while he was a light brown wolf.

The mating of the white and black wolves caused many diverse lines of wolves leading to yours.” a strange voice said in her head. “Who are you?” she asked using her mind link. “I am Lycan I am responsible for creating your kind.” he replied. Bianca was speechless that the creator of her entire kind was speaking to her through their mind link.