Chapter Thirty: Growing Restless

“Why can't we leave and go back to the castle?” Bianca questioned Damien when they had a chance to themselves. “We don't know if it's safe yet and Brody wants you to remain here until he gets back.” Damien answered her.

“Why don't you just send someone through the tunnels back to the castle to check it out while the rest of us stay here and wait? Next time you talk to my loving mate explain to him that I don't appreciate him ignoring me.” she huffed.

“I will talk with everyone and see about doing that I hadn't thought about that see that is why you are going to make a great Queen and I have told you he's not ignoring you he's just underground.” he replied sitting on the bed beside her.

“Don't try and butter me up with compliments it's not going to make me any less angry about the situation we are in and how is it that you can reach him but I can't?” she glared at him.

“I was being serious not a ploy I understand that you are upset everyone is growing restless due to the current situation. I can still talk to him because he and I are brothers sharing the same bloodline our link is ten times stronger than yours.” he said standing up.

“If you would let us out of this prison to enjoy some fresh air we wouldn't be restless and that's not fair.” she sighed crossing her arms. “I don't know how Brody does it you are definitely something else.” Damien laughed.

“Whatever are you going to let me out of this room today or will I spend another day stuck in bed with nothing to do except count specks of dust?” she whined. “I am following your mate's wishes and keeping you in here away from our father but I will see if he will let me take you and the others outside to get some fresh air.” he replied heading for the door.

“Take us outside for fresh air, what are we animals?” Bianca smirked. “Why do you have to be so complicated?” Damien frowned. “I'm not complicated just very outspoken especially when I have cabin fever.” she grinned standing up.

“Okay I get it you need out of here I will talk with the others and see what we can figure out about a couple of us going through the tunnels to the castle while the rest of you can explore the area around the cabin.” he said walking out of the room.

“If you can hear me I just wanted to let you know I am sick of being a caged animal so please allow your brother to let me out of this house before I take it upon myself to venture out into the woods.” she smiled knowing she would get her way if her mate heard her.

A few hours went by and no one had been back in to see her. Bianca was beginning to get extremely frustrated because they were assuming she was sick and they didn't want it to spread so they were keeping Hope away from her.

“B, the king has left along with Damien so we can get out of this place for a little bit for the warden gets back.” Sarah said walking into her room. “Where did they go?” she asked.

“They went to see if it was safe to return to the castle.” she replied helping Bianca out of bed. “I'm fine I can get out of bed on my own.” Bianca growled. “I'm sorry I just know you have been really weak so I thought I would help.” Sarah said looking away.

“I'm sorry I guess I should tell you that I'm not sick, I'm pregnant.” Bianca replied waiting for her sister's reaction. “I can't fake being surprised, I already know Damien let it slip that you and Brody had been communicating through your mind link.” She smiled.

“I knew he wouldn't keep his mouth shut he accidentally let it slip that he knows I am pregnant. I just hope he can keep it from everyone else.” Bianca said hugging Sarah. “I am so excited for you I just wish you had told me yourself.” Sarah smiled pulling back.

“I know but I was waiting to tell everyone at the same time with Brody.” she replied. “It's okay I understand but enough talking lets get out of this place for a bit.” Sarah grinned locking her arm with Bianca's.

“Who else is coming with us?” she asked as they walked outside. “No one, the twins along with mom and dad took Hope down to the lake to go swimming leaving just you and me.” she smiled.

“Why don't we head down and see how they are doing, I miss my baby girl.” Bianca sighed realizing it had been at least a day since she had seen Hope. “I think that can be arranged but if anyone asks you forced me into leaving the house.” Sarah laughed.

They made their way down to the lake when they noticed something was wrong. “Hey do you hear that?” Sarah asked Bianca. “No I don't hear anything.” she replied. “That's what I'm getting at it's eerily quiet out here.” she said as her senses were on high alert.

“You're right something isn't right.” she said as they picked up their pace. When they reached the lake they found their mom and dad laying face down in the sand completely motionless.

“They're alive but they have been marked by a hunter.” Sarah said as Bianca started to search for the twins and Hope. She heard groans coming from the edge of the forest that surrounded the lake.

“He took her, we tried to stop him, he was just too strong.” Travis said holding his side. “We are so sorry we understand if you never talk to us again.” Lance added as he struggled to stand.

“Who took her?” Bianca asked as her hands started to tremble. “Draven Keetes.” Travis said as he stood. “Why would he take my daughter she is an innocent child.” Bianca said feeling like she could faint.

“Get a grip we have to go after her.” Bianca's wolf ordered as she took charge. Everyone watched as Bianca's eyes turned a deep emerald green something that only happened when her wolf was out which wasn't very often.

“You two take them back to the cabin and keep an eye on them, Sarah you are coming with me.” she demanded not leaving room for anyone to say no. “Where are we going?” Sarah asked as she tried to keep up with Bianca's wolf.

“To find my daughter.” She growled. Sarah tried to contact Damien through their mind link but he had his shut off. She was beginning to think that this had been part of the ploy to get rid of them but she was torn between whether or not Damien knew this was going to happen.