Chapter Two: Second Guessing

A few weeks had gone by since the first day she had met Brody she knew he was different than any other wolf she had ever met but she couldn’t quite figure out why. No matter how hard she tried to keep him out of her thoughts she failed.

Tomorrow was going to be her first day back to school after a two week vacation between semesters. She had enjoyed the two weeks without school because she was able to work lots of overtime and get caught up on her bills and save some money for the upcoming move.

She was still planning on leaving state with Hope in fact nothing was going to change her mind she knew this had to be done to give her daughter the life she deserved. Today was her last day of working overtime before going back to her regular routine, splitting her day between work and school.

Bianca was thankful her bosses let her work all the overtime they had because it allowed her to have a time frame of when she would be leaving in two weeks the day after payday.

The only person who knew her plans was Sara which she was planning on going with Bianca because she loved it in Alaska not to mention it was her family’s cabin they were going to be living in until they found something else.

As Bianca got ready for work and Hope prepared to go to the Daniel’s house she began to start planning out the story she was going to tell her boss when they asked why she was putting her two week notice in.

She was also trying to think of a way to tell Tanya and James goodbye they had been parents to her practically since the first day they met her but even more so after hers rejected her.

After she dropped Hope off with Tanya she headed to work with so many things running through her head that she wasn’t paying much attention to the road to the point she had found herself about to take out a row of mailboxes.

She was thankful that no one had been around to witness that because a ticket was the last thing she needed right now. She cleared her thoughts and listened to the radio the rest of the way to work making sure she stayed on the road.

Once she arrived to work she went to the back and clocked in then went out to join in the department manager’s meeting then headed to the back again to talk with her bosses.

She sat down in the store manager’s office waiting for him to return from the meeting. “Hello Bianca what can I do for you today?” he asked walking into the office. “I need to talk to you about something that is really important and I’m afraid you won’t like it Mr. Sandusky.” She replied.

“Is there something wrong? Has something happened with the new layout or with one of the other employees?” he asked concerned. “Oh no everything is fine with the layout in fact I love it just about as much as I love everyone I work with.” She smiled at him.

“Then what is the matter?” he asked leaning back in his chair. “I just wanted to tell you that you have been the best boss anyone could ever have I mean you have been more than willing to work with me on my crazy schedule and even worked with me during the time Hope was ill not to mention the countless warnings over my being late without writing me up.” She smiled at him as she prepared to spill the news.