Chapter Thirty Two: Truth Be Told

Taken by surprise Draven jumped in front of Hope as if he were protecting her from a wild beast. “Mommy.” Hope yelled running from behind the tall overly protective man that had oddly taken a liking to her.

Bianca was stunned that the most powerful and feared hunter let his captive run right past him without even trying to stop her. “Are you alright sweetheart I have been so worried about you?” Bianca said as she drew her eyes away from Draven and embraced her daughter.

“I am fine mommy, the scary man just saved me from a nasty snake.” Hope cried. “I know, auntie Sarah watched him protect you from that horrid creature.” Bianca replied. “I couldn't let that thing bite her little arm it would have killed her instantly.” Draven interrupted their joyous reunion.

Bianca quickly set Hope down pushing her behind her as Draven slowly approached them. Sarah still floating above was scared he might hurt them and in an instant a dome shaped beam of light encircled them.

Bianca stared up at Sarah amazed at what she was doing. “Auntie Sarah are you Tinkerbell?” Hope asked staring up at her. “No sweetie I'm not but I am a fairy just as she is and I do believe I finally found my abilities.” Sarah beamed down at them all.

“I'm not going to hurt any of you so if you don't mind please get rid of that terrible thing that is no doubt luring any and all beings to us which isn't a good thing.” Draven said holding his arm up blocking his eyes from the bright light of the dome.

“How do we know you are telling the truth?” Bianca yelled at him. “If I wanted to hurt you I would have killed the girl and left her back at the lake like the others before coming to kill you.” he replied.

Bianca looked up at Sarah who just shrugged her shoulders. Torn between giving off their position to other possible hunters and trusting Draven she nodded to Sarah to take away the field of light surrounding them.

“My eyes thank you.” Draven said as he walked back towards the fire. Bianca grabbed Hope's hand and turned the opposite direction he was walking and turned to run away when something deep down told her she needed to go back and talk to him.

“What are you doing let's get out of here.” Sarah said as she watched Bianca turn around to head towards Draven. “I can't explain it but I have to talk to him.” she replied walking out into the clearing.

Sarah took a deep breath before realizing Bianca was right they needed to talk to him she didn't know why either but something was drawing her to him. She lowered her defenses which caused her wings to disappear and her color to return back to it's normal beige tone.

“Why aren't you running away from me?” he smirked as the two women and little girl sat around the fire. “I can't explain it I just know that you won't hurt us.” Bianca smiled up at him. “I can't believe all of this is coming true.” Draven said pulling a book out of his satchel.

“What are you talking about?” Sarah asked as she watched his hands closely in case he tried to pull a weapon on them. “My father told me stories of a day that I would have to put my killing nature aside to help the beings I usually destroy. But not just any beings but a very strong she-wolf, her pup, and their fairy companion.” he said opening the worn book.