Chapter 15.

Eliza

Well, there it is. Now was his chance, his only chance to tell me how he feels about me. To tell me that he didn't want me to go out with Cooper, that he doesn't want me to be with Cooper, because he wants me. All I had been hoping for has just come crashing down in front of me, and now I have to accept the fact that it was all just a big mistake. He can't tell me he likes me. He can't tell me he wants me. He can't even tell me he's sorry for all the discourtesy he's regarded me with. All I can feel in this moment is seething rage, and all I can hear is the sound of fire erupting out of my ears. So much so that I completely miss the sound of the doorbell.

It is only when I hear the sound of Cooper's voice saying my name, that my vision becomes clear. I finally look up to see Theo standing beside the door, and Cooper on the doorstep.

"Oh, hey," I breathe, walking into the direction of the door, giving a goading eye to Theo in the process.

"There's some leftovers from last night in the fridge," I say, turning back around to Theo. "Don't wait up," I add, hoping that it would instil some sort of jealousy in him. But, then I remember that he doesn't care. The settled look on his face confirms this for me. The air brushes violently against the sole of my feet, as Theo slams the door the moment my right foot is out of the door.

"Casual, Eliza?" Cooper speaks, eyeing my outfit from bottom to top.

"Come on, Coop. You know this is my casual."

"Touché," he says, as his lips gently brush against mine.

Theo

I slam my forehead against the wall near the front door, routinely punching it lightly enough to not cause any damage, but forceful enough to ensure the pain it causes doesn't sway away easily.

Fire erupts from my veins as I deliberate on the opportunity I just foolishly lost out on. It didn't hit me at the time - my mind was in a numb state of anomie from the moment she told me she was going on a date. That was enough to burn a dent into my soul, but to find out that it is with Mr Hair Grease genuinely makes me feel physical pain. I compose myself together to take my sorrow party upstairs, but I go as far as the fridge, in which I repeat my recent outburst of head slamming, fist pumping activity.

My head shoots up an in instant the moment I hear the clicking of some keys, and then the front door shut.

"What are you doing?" That voice battles in into my ear.

"Nothing. Going upstairs," I reply monotonously. I hope to make it up without hearing another one of her distasteful comments towards me, but my hopeful nature proves to be against me.

"Smart move you made with my bracelet. You know, putting it under the pillow and everything," the voice speaks again.

I feel pins digging into my back, but I still manage to turn around in less than a second.

"Oh believe me, if I was to actually be stupid enough to steal something that belongs to you, I would find an unreachable hiding place. It wasn't me."

"Oh, I believe that you have experience in stealing things and hiding them in smart places."

"So why do you think it's me?"