Chapter 30.

Theo

My thoughts intensify once the man reaches over to me, and begins attempting to untie me. A vast amount of moans excrete from his mouth, but after a few moments, I feel an undefeatable rush of blood spiralling through my veins. My hands take in the new air it has been provided with, but the moment I stand up, I feel myself losing balance with my newly flaccid legs.

"Woah. You alright, dude?" He asks, but before I can give a response, he takes my mother's hand into his. "Come on guys, we've gotta go."

"I'm not going until I know he's dead," I calmly pronounce.

"He's dead, Theo. Come on, let's go." He directs my mother out of the house, but the sight of him in front of me mixed with all the torture I have daydreamed of blessing his despicable self assures me to repeatedly pound his face. No sound comes out of his mouth, which instils peace in me and the motivation to continue.

"Theo, stop it!" I suddenly hear my mom order, as she comes running through the room.

"I need to finish it. I need to make sure he's gone," I assert in between punches.

"He's gone, okay? Don't you want to be gone from this place now? See Eliza?"

The sound of her name restores humanity back in me; my heart becomes swelled with my desperation to see her, and after looking up to see my mom holding out a hand to me, I take it. She leads me into a silver car, of which the driver's seat is being occupied by the familiar, yet simultaneously unfamiliar man. Once she takes the passenger seat, he turns the ignition on, and hope reigns through me at the prospect at finally seeing her again. But, my body is also occupied with confusion.

"Who the hell are you?" I let out hurriedly, my hands trembling with a quicker pace than that of my voice.

"Theo!" My mother exclaims.

"And better still, how did you know my name in there?"

"I've talked about you to him," my mom states.

"Why? Who is he?"

My question is met by silence, which immediately ignites fury in me. "So, you're just going to ignore me? I deserve to know who you are, why you saved us, and where the hell you're taking us."

"You want to go and see Eliza right? You just have to tell us which hospital she's in, that's where we're going," my mom says.

"Mount Sinai."

"Mount Sinai it is," he finally speaks.

"Great, now answer my question."

"Theo, he's um..." My mom's voice drifts off suddenly, and a quick flashback of the passionate way he took her hands into his injects a thought into my brain.

"Wait, you guys aren't, um... Are you?" The little air is filled with silence for a few moments, before he finally speaks for the second time.

"Your mom's a great woman. I love her."

"So you are then?" Once again, my question is received with no response. "Mom, how is that possible when... Does he know about-"