Chapter 25.

Eliza

We walk into J.Crew after one successful purchase of a navy sweater in Onassis. My plan was to learn something about Theo's style, and what he likes to wear; and to my surprise, he happens to be quite picky, as opposed to many other boys that would be satisfied with anything. I feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that this is something I can relate to him on.

J.Crew appears to be more his type as he picks up two shirts, another sweater, and two pairs of jeans. He expresses his resistance for me to not add money into the two hundred dollars my mom gave him, if it ends up running out, but I express my need to not watch him limit his opportunities to finally feel comfortable. He wins the debate, as he literally darts off to the checkout line when my back is turned. When his purchase is complete, I see him fighting back a smile that gives me the impression that he doesn't want to seem too happy about the new clothes he bought. We walk, our arms gracefully grazing against each other, to the front of the store, where the security guard first eyes Theo with judgment evident in his gaze, but then he peers heavily into my eyes.

"Are you Eliza?" He asks, as we get closer to him.

"Um... Yes. Why?"

"Is everything okay?" Theo asks.

"I was told to give you this," he says, his deep voice booming into my soul, as he lifts his hand up to give me a box identical to the one I received on my doorstep before.

"Who is it from?" I question, as I sceptically take it into my hands.

"He told me to tell you you'll know soon, but you'll really appreciate the present."

"But can't you tell me what he looks like?"

"He looks like a guy who really wanted to give you this present."

"So why couldn't he give it to me?" I wonder aloud.

"It's a surprise."

"Eliza, let's go," Theo voices, taking my hand in his. I warily oblige, but walk out of the door with him. However, my confusion and curiosity causes me to come to a halt the second we step out. I gently release my hand from his, and slowly open the box. My eyes squint at a pocket sized mirror staring back at me, and I turn it towards Theo, to watch the same reaction form on his face.

"A mirror?" He speaks.

"Why the hell would Cooper give me this?"

"You still think it's him?"

"It has to be. It's like he's trying to punish me or tell me something through this, and he's following me everywhere I go. I need to call him."

Theo nods, and I desperately take out my phone from my purse, and find his contact.

"Eliza. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Cut the bull, Cooper. Stop sending me crap and following me around."

"Okay, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Why are you sending me gifts?"

"I am? What gifts?"