Chapter Twenty One: Unheard Voices

Rina POV.

What should I do? I'm fired and worse than that, the man I love hates me. How things ended up this way...? All I remember is I was depressed after hearing about Len and Kim's wedding then the next instance Carl hit me and then I was naked in that warehouse and Len was there. Just why?

I go back home and change my clothes... I guess this is was my last mission as a bodyguard... Tears stream from my eyes and I started to cry. Thinking how hurt Len makes my heart ache. "Rina, I'm home!" Ran shouted, he jumped at the couch exhausted without looking at me.

"... Welcome back..." I said trying to sound normal.

"Something wrong? Not like I care or anything." Ran said.

"... Everything's... Fine..." I said without looking at him, I feel his hand on my shoulders and he spun me to face him.

"Look I'm not really interested in your girl's drama, but if you want to talk about it I'm listening." Ran said. I looked up at him with sad expression and lean on his body. "Look. whatever it is, I'll solve the problem, for god's sake I'm your brother, tell me."

"Ran!" I called out his name and started to cry, he looked at me astonished and then bury my face on his chest. This movement reminds back when we used to be children, whenever Ran get in troubles I would hug him and then he would tell me everything. "Ran... I've been fired, Len fired me."

"What?! Why?!" Ran asked completely shocked. I explained to him the whole situation and he sighed. "I knew this was coming sooner or later, gosh, I told you to be careful."

"I never thought someone would stripped me while I'm unconscious." I said.

"Wait, hold it, Emma is calling." Ran said, I checked his phone to see written 'sweetheart' I grin at him and he looked at me confused.

"Sweetheart huh?" I said, he blushed and turned away angry.

"Sh-She's the one who wrote it, not me!" Ran said and he accepted her call. "Hello Emma, did you get home safely? That good, something wrong?" Ran glanced at me then turned back to his cellphone. "I'll tell you everything tomorrow, meet me on our spot... Yes?" Suddenly Ran blushed and his confident tone turned to shy one. "Yeah... Me too, bye."

"Aww... So cute, I bet she told you that she loves you." I said and nudge his arm, Ran scoffed and turned away from me. "And what about 'our spot' huh? You only dated her for a while and you already meet on a spot."

"Shut up! Shut up!" Ran shouted angrily and I burst laughing. He pat my head and smiled. "At least you're not sad anymore, I'll find a way to help you."

"Thanks Ran." I said.

"I know, I know, I'm the cool little brother. I'll just help my useless big sister." Ran said patting my head like a dog.

"Hey!" I barked at him angrily and he laughed at me.

"Alright, let's have brother sister night!" Ran said and grabbed my hand. "I know this great place."

"Okay." I said and squeezed his hand.

Ran POV.

The next day I woke up, Rina next to me sleeping soundly, I poke her forehead and she turned away from me. "Idiot." I said and get out of the bed. God, I hate morning. I hear my phone vibrating and saw the caller, my face goes pale when I see the caller and answer. "Hello?"

"Oh you finally answered." The person that I don't want to talk to said.

"What do you want? I already did what you want." I said annoyed.