Chapter 03

Minji's POV
"I see you finished the song." I muttered into my phone as Suga was excitedly talking about how he was quite proud of this song.

It had been a month since I first started helping them write the song and now they were finally finished.

Jungkook and I were distant as ever while Yeri was now always hanging out with her new group of friends or Jungkook.

School days were long and painful. We recently changed seats which excited me as I thought I would be able to sit next to Jungkook so we could at least bond again or catch up on each other's lives.

But of course life was always cruel to me.

Yeri and Jungkook were sitting directly in front of me, meaning I had to watch them flirting all day long.

"Yah Bae Minji are you listening to me?" Suga asked, his voice sounding quite irritable and had the slight tone of sass hinted in it.

"Ah yes." I lied.

"Then what was I saying then?" I sighed, giving up. I could tell he was probably smirking triumphantly, "wipe that smirk off your face oppa. I'm sorry, could you repeat that again?" I asked, wiping off my eyeliner on my face.

Suga chuckled, "it's funny how you can usually tell my facial expressions when you can't even see me physically right now." I laughed a little and pulled on my comfy winter sleeping robe. " Well I was saying that I made an extra CD of the song for you; Manager hyung said he would drop it off at you house tomorrow before we send off to PD-nim." Suga continued.

I smiled, "Oh so I'm the first listener ever?" Suga laughed as I heard the sound of laughter in the room, "Is all the boys there?"

He hummed as a response, "you know since we're having a comeback you won't be talking to Jungkook as much anymore right?"

The smile on my lips disappeared and I pursued my lips, "we don't talk much as we are right now."

Suga went quiet and there was absolute silence between us.

Not knowing what to do I also stayed silent. "Ah that's right, did you call me on a private number the day I came over to help you and Hoseok?" I asked, changing the subject swiftly.

"No, I called you on my normal phone. My work phone was dead already."

"Then it must've been my aunt, okay bye Oppa. I need to go study." I hung up the phone before he could say anything else.

My house was empty as usual.

After Jungkook slowly stopped visiting me when he became a trainee I became friends with Yeri and she came over. But now they both stopped visitng and this house has never felt as lonesome.

I laid on my bed with my robe still on.

The sound of passing cars and crickets kept my room from being more depressing than it already was. I use to like the way the flashing lights of cars illuminated my room but now it wasn't as exciting.

But then again I was only 6 or 7 years old.

"Jungkook did you ever love me? I would love to know if I still had any chances with you, if I had one chance once would you consider giving me another? Do you even see me as a girl or am I just another friend you've known since you were young?"

I shut my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

___________________________

I sat in my seat and watched in envy as Jungkook and Yeri shared muffled giggles in class.